Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the thing, I recently got a Swiftech 320 rad , a swiftech 655 / laing d5 vario pump and a GPU block so I addeded theser to my existing loop, this is how its set up (my loop is all 1/2 tubing until it reached my final rad that only has 3/8 built it bards, fromt hen on out its 3/8 through my gpu blocka nd back into the res***

res > laing d5 pump > 120mm feser rad > 240mm swiftech qp rad > swiftech 320 rad > dd-cpx pump > mc-tdx waterblock > bloodrage nb block > 1/2 to 3/8 converter > swiftech qp 120 resevior rad > EK 8800gt full conver waterblock > res

***my d5 isn't the one w/ the conversion kit***

***i was thinking of getting a full cover block for my gtx 295 at some point aswell***

the temps aren't bad per say but I was looking to fully optimize my loop because Im debating going the bloodrage pcie mod and ideally i'd like to do some benching up around 4.8ghz +

·
Premium Member
6,995 Posts
Any reason you aren't running 2 loops??

edit: Also, why not get rid of the 120 swifty? No sense in adding a rad with 3/8ths when you already have enough rads.

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I haven't really thought of it, what would you suggest if I were to split it into 2?

put the CPU on the 320 and 240 or the 320 and feser 120 with the D5

and have the 240 and the other 120 for GPUs and my northbridge?

what would be the best way to get two loops on an EK multioption resevior or would it be best to have one of the loops with just a T-Line?

·
Premium Member
6,995 Posts
I'm not great at this, but:

CPU loop:

T-line(or res)>DD-CPX>120 feser>Swifty 240 qp>TDX>T-line

GFX loop:

Res>MCP655>swifty 360>8800GT>NB>Res

edit: Or, you could switch the rads between the loops so the stronger pump has the loop with 2 rads. (although, rads don't really add a whole lot of restriction)

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Your question about pumps, if you have 2 different pumps in the same loop the flow will be limited to the weakest pump. A pump can't pump anymore then it's max rating.

If you do break it down into 2 loops I wouldn't mix them in the same res, the warmer loop will warm up the cooler, it would still just be like having one loop.I'd just use a t-line on one loop and a res on the other, or if you like using a res get another one for the second loop.

I'd just leave the 120 rad out to if you can't change the barbs out for 1/2" ones.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts