Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
AMD Acolyte
1,647 Posts
Depends on the job. Also, you could get both.

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
PMP will be more broadly applicable. I do consulting and things like SAFE agile certifications will probably go farther then either so it definitely depends on the job.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
There is PMI agile certification if you want an IT centric PMP certification

·
Registered
810 Posts
I quit IT when experience with multiple NOS and OS + 15 years of doing upgrades, builds network installs and configurations did NOT mean much to HR departments.
I retrained and went HR ( might as well just go back to college had most what was needed for that anyway) and got off the re-certification merry go round.
I had BIO-Med Electronic Engineering bachelor almost done when got my 1st IT opportunity and jumped on it.
My 2nd Bio-med internship showed me hospitals are infested with vipers as in civil serpent types.
Never had to go through re-certi-friction again to continue to do dodo HR work.
Besides got to go home after 40 hours and watch TV instead of researching the next bigger better computer trend in tech for another 4 or 5 hours.
It still did not stop IT to ask me to set up a impact printer because someone ordered it. Yes writing printer scripts was some of what got forgotten or left out in new certifications
It got ordered because somebody thought it would be faster, cheaper and actually was easier than handling and sorting the 5 laser copies the .gov section needed.
Just think about how many hours got saved for me in the next 20 years before I retired. 20-30 hour weekly extra besides the 40 I worked for the IT department.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts