Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
754 Posts
1. Those temps are actually not that bad. Real Temp will be ~10C higher, because it is projecting core temperatures. And obviously it should be a little higher in the cores.

2. I wouldn't go over 70C or 75C personally, some people have different limits though.

As stated you can always consider an aftermarket heatsink: I personally would suggest a Noctua nhu12p, if your looking for performance without the sound of a leaf-blower.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Verrator
Do yourself a favor and download real temp.
Make sure the tjmax is set to 100c.
He is using Real Temp, that is the whole point of the post.

· Registered
754 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Verrator
The post doesn't say he is using real temp. Are you sure you're not just making things up?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phinix
But when i look at the temps with "real temp" or "core temp" they are about 10C higher. so which one should i trust?
Yeah.
That is what I do, I make up posts using the subject of Real Temp.

You do understand English, correct?

· Registered
754 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by shughard View Post
Here is a question. If we set our bios to default then reboot and check the vcore in bios will this be the VID?
No, the VID is used to obtain a vcore. Vcore = Vcc = voltage common cathode.

They will be different in the BIOS. What levels are you seeing in the BIOS?

· Registered
754 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Phinix
View Post

Using Core Temp, it says my VID is 1.2625V
is that good or bad?

It's not good or bad. Its just an electrical specification of the processor, that is handled by the voltage regulator of the motherboard.

The VID range for that processor is: .85 - 1.3625, so it will vary. You will also get different values of core voltage through programs like CPUz when under load, due to Vdroop.

As far as voltage, your good to go.

As far as temps, if you want lower ones, there is always the option of aftermarket cooling, as suggested here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.