Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
It lets me get higher overclocks.

It seems to bump the voltage up slightly when it runs.

Afterward, I can always raise the clocks a little higher than I could before. I've confirmed this on every driver since the release of the 4850.

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
No, don't bother with it. The Autotune is too slow in reacting and increases clocks too fast when it does it's self-testing. You usually will end up crashing or locking up your system. A slow small manual approach with either MSI afterburner or AMD GPU Clock tool, work best.

edit: or just use CCC manually.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm really new to overclocking, but I read on Guru3D that novices are recommended to add 5% of the original speed on each time. Also, I could be wrong. I'm just as new as you.

And the Crysis benchmark is what you should use to test it.

·
Premium Member
2,664 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by noobclocker1277 View Post
using after burner what sort of step should i use? and what do you recommend i use to test the overclock?
Afterburner didnt like my cards but seems to work on newer cards. I also use occt or furmark to test.

·
Premium Member
2,759 Posts
It's alright but it tends to 'exaggerate' overclock stability. Atleast it did that when they just released the auto-tune. I haven't used it in a while as I just set my OC manually.

940/1040 is the overclock, as in, core/memory speed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.