Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried searching and got conflicting responses. Some say the FK1/FK2/ZA series have a grainy coating that's a godsend for people with dry hands and others say it's the same smooth one as the EC series.

I really like my EC1-A but I'm looking to try an ambidextrous mouse and my dry hands don't agree with the smooth coating the EC series uses.

Looking for a definitive answer before I place my order. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cursive View Post

Tried searching and got conflicting responses. Some say the FK1/FK2/ZA series have a grainy coating that's a godsend for people with dry hands and others say it's the same smooth one as the EC series.

I really like my EC1-A but I'm looking to try an ambidextrous mouse and my dry hands don't agree with the smooth coating the EC series uses.

Looking for a definitive answer before I place my order. Thanks.
My (white wheel and logo) ZA13 had the grainy-ish finish you're describing.

·
Overclocker
11,648 Posts
I've had plenty of mice over the years in my hands but I stick with my polished plastic, it has the most surface grip hell you can hear it peel off of the shiny plastic. I've had EC1 CL and didn't find the coatings an issue though they were said to not last long. Mionix was utter trash and scratched just from a 2 day testing no problem.
Coatings are not an issue for dry hands it's rather the wet hands that will slip not the dry ones.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
New BenQ series have the same crappy coating. It is quite grippy but resists sweat incredibly bad. It gets greasy and grimey instantly and will affect your grip when you perspire on the fingertips.

It works well if you have bone dry hands though.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramraze View Post

New BenQ series have the same crappy coating. It is quite grippy but resists sweat incredibly bad. It gets greasy and grimey instantly and will affect your grip when you perspire on the fingertips.

All of them? That's really unfortunate to hear.

·
- Insanity Beckons -
4,588 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by auraofjason View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramraze View Post

All of them? That's really unfortunate to hear.
Actually don't understand why they haven't made any all WHITE plastic housings?

Would be cheaper to do and give those wanting a shiny clean surface to place their hands on. Sweating on those surfaces can easily be cleaned off without leaving any residue (personal usage of the older White EC2's).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts