Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I was wondering if anyone sees any problems with this Dell 2001FP Monitor??? I am looking at maybe buying a new monitor and this looks good (the price not so much). What really caught my eye was the 20.3 inch size and the 1600x1200 display in an lcd. However, how would a game i.e. Call of Duty play on a widescreen??? I guess it may be a simple answer but to me it seems like the monitor would either have to distort the image or cut it off on the sides, any1 know? Thx for all input, good or bad,

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan

Hello, I was wondering if anyone sees any problems with this Dell 2001FP Monitor??? I am looking at maybe buying a new monitor and this looks good (the price not so much). What really caught my eye was the 20.3 inch size and the 1600x1200 display in an lcd. However, how would a game i.e. Call of Duty play on a widescreen??? I guess it may be a simple answer but to me it seems like the monitor would either have to distort the image or cut it off on the sides, any1 know? Thx for all input, good or bad,

Well the thing to look for in gaming is the response time. If it is 16ms and lower your good... above that and you will find ghosting... a truly annoying affect for any fast paced videos or gaming. Under the Tech Specs I didn't see any mention of tthe response leading me to believe that it isnt good... you may wanna call dell

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well actually, kinda odd, it is 16ms response time! So that should be good, but does the fact that it is wide screen cause any problems for gaming?

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan

Well actually, kinda odd, it is 16ms response time! So that should be good, but does the fact that it is wide screen cause any problems for gaming?

whats the resolution.. and where the hell does it say 16ms.. because i cant find it

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Research it's aspect ratio. 300 so so 500 much better. The bottom line is CRT's w/a .20 DPI are still better and flats crap out a lot.

Check out some of the 21" CRTs w/a Trinatron or Diamondtron flat screen. they take up a lot of space but are beautyful. I'm still on a vertical flat 21" and I love it even though it's 18 1/2" deep!

·
Banned
955 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Duke

Research it's aspect ratio. 300 so so 500 much better. The bottom line is CRT's w/a .20 DPI are still better and flats crap out a lot.

Check out some of the 21" CRTs w/a Trinatron or Diamondtron flat screen. they take up a lot of space but are beautyful. I'm still on a vertical flat 21" and I love it even though it's 18 1/2" deep!

agreed... i may never go to a LCD or other "slim" option until they are truly better for the same price... i mean I have the room for a CRT so there is no reason for an LCD...

EDIT: 2 months later i retract this statement... widescreen biotch!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts