Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm converting my Bulldozer ready rig to Intel power after the recent reviews of BD and I need a new mobo. This is my sig rig. I'm going to use either a 2600K or 2500K, not sure yet. I don't plan on doing an crazy overclocking, but I would like to dable in it a lil bit. I prefer single GPU setups over multi and since my 5970 has the reference cooler on it I won't be OCing it. My rig is red an black themed, I know that's a horrible reason to pick a board but for $1700 I would like my rig to look good too. P.S. everything except the CPU an mobo have already been purchased so plz don't suggest any other stuff.

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
I would go for a ATX board rather than a mATX.

I guess the ASRock Z68 PROFESSIONAL GEN3 is well out of budget, but its ready for IVY.

If you are just playing games then get the 2500k since games do not utilize the hyper-threading on the 2600k and then spend that extra money on the boards

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmchugh;15290258
I would go for a ATX board rather than a mATX.

I guess the ASRock Z68 PROFESSIONAL GEN3 is well out of budget, but its ready for IVY.

If you are just playing games then get the 2500k since games do not utilize the hyper-threading on the 2600k and then spend that extra money on the boards
thumb.gif
I don't really have a budget I'm just trying to be economical an not buy more than I need. What make them IVY ready? I used to be an AMD fanboy so idk much about Intel.

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by toddville393
View Post

I don't really have a budget I'm just trying to be economical an not buy more than I need. What make them IVY ready? I used to be an AMD fanboy so idk much about Intel.

If they have pci 3.0 then they are GEN3 which means that they support Ivy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts