Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because the case I have now is too small to have a double rad setup without massive (and irreversible without a lot of work) changes, I was wondering whether it would be possible to add another single rad to a H50. I'll be getting an H50 either way, just wondering whether I can go any further.

And I'm asking because I recall somebody mentioning the pump on it burned out of after they modded their H50, but I can't remember what they had in their loop.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Have you got a reservoir yet? Your H50 is modded or still stock? I think adding a res if you still don't have one could drop temps and do prolly a good job without a second radiator, anyway would be better to post this thread on the official H50 owners club on this section to get some answer from experts^^

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Batou
View Post

Have you got a reservoir yet? Your H50 is modded or still stock? I think adding a res if you still don't have one could drop temps and do prolly a good job without a second radiator, anyway would be better to post this thread on the official H50 owners club on this section to get some answer from experts^^

I don't have a H50 and won't have one probably for another month, I'm just looking at my options now. And thanks, I didn't think of posting there.

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
I don't own an H50, but if I did I would not mod it as it (I imagine) was designed to operate as is.

If you wanna add components then I would customize a kit or start from scratch.

If you just wanna mess around, and are not concerned with possible component failure then get the tools out and start modding.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Search thru that H50 owners club - there has been someone who modded theirs to have res+2 120 rads, but I did not continue to follow to see how it faired long term.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by XMAGUSX
View Post

Because the case I have now is too small to have a double rad setup without massive (and irreversible without a lot of work) changes, I was wondering whether it would be possible to add another single rad to a H50. I'll be getting an H50 either way, just wondering whether I can go any further.

And I'm asking because I recall somebody mentioning the pump on it burned out of after they modded their H50, but I can't remember what they had in their loop.

This guy put a 240 rad in his setup. I'm contemplating getting the H50 as well but kinda considering a full custom loop at the same time. Not sure yet. Do check this thread out though:

http://www.overclock.net/water-cooli...questions.html

Hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
452 Posts
that was me. it dropped temps a good 10c, but i havent had it long enough to say whether or not it'll fair well long term. i must say it looks hella cool and was pretty easy to do as long as youre not a complete mechanical noob.

let me know if you have any questions and i'll try my best to answer them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts