Overclock.net banner

Is the Kinzu v1 considered rare nowadays?

2530 Views 18 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  qsxcv
I haven't been able to find any Kinzu v1s for sale anywhere. I have one myself and I've been getting rid of my collection of mice, I was wondering if you guys think it actually has any value? I see MX300s being sold on ebay from time to time for ridiculous prices, surely a Kinzu v1 has to be worth something?

Mine is the retail (not bulk/oem version), swapped out the shell and cord from a v2 silver glossy.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Ex-resident Kinzu shill
1,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Shells View Post

didn't realize the suddenattacks were v1, looks like there's just 5 left. I'll wait until he runs out
smile.gif
They're still made OEM in Korea iirc, so I'm sure the person that has them will have them back in stock eventually.

· Registered
1,987 Posts
most mice don't actually sell for such ridiculous prices, they're just put up with ridiculous prices. why do you think those mice are still on ebay, rather than.. sold?
i see diamondbacks on ebay for hundreds of dollars, but the last one i saw that actually got sold went for only $22

the kinzu v1 sensor is pretty bad,
and those SA editions sell because they're NIB.
imo the kinzu v1 non-SA is worth no more than $10 if it's in used condition, but i guess there will always be people who love that particular shape and are willing to spend more

1,990 Posts
The tracking code is notorious for being screwed in the Kinzu v1, but at least there's no smoothing or anything.

1,990 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanir1337 View Post

I liked the shape, didn't like the accel. Quite rare tho.
Loved the shape, didn't mind the accel at all, low click delay (but 0ms debounce apparently...) wish there was a 3360 Kinzu.

· Registered
1,987 Posts
low malfunction speed, jittery cursor path, acceleration, diagonal angle snapping hahah
this is all true for the lowest cpi step as well, it's just a lot more apparent on the higher steps
mlt04 beats it imo, easily.

but i do actually use it (SA)
biggrin.gif
shape is nice, buttons are alright, click latency is nicely low. coating isn't bad, it feels nice to me.
click release / debounce is crazily low? i'm getting a lot of <1ms readings.
i remember uaok saying he had a mouse that showed results of below 1ms, but can't remember which mouse

this is by tapping, with qsxcv's l.exe:
9S7pNMQ.png

edit: dunno why the image is blurry

the ~21ms that logitech mice seem to have has never been a problem for me, though. can't imagine anyone clicking fast enough where it becomes a problem

· Registered
1,987 Posts
assuming it's compatible with the software, imo the only usable step is the lowest one. i only installed the software to set the polling rate to 1000hz, but if you're fine with 500hz then i wouldn't bother with the software at all.
i've read some horror stories of the latest software version (1.0.10), so if you do want to bother, then i'd look for an earlier version.

1,990 Posts
Don't install 1.0.10 or it flashes the firmware on the mouse with some insanely high angle snapping, 1.0.7 seems to be gone from the SS site now.

· ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
657 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucake View Post

assuming it's compatible with the software, imo the only usable step is the lowest one. i only installed the software to set the polling rate to 1000hz, but if you're fine with 500hz then i wouldn't bother with the software at all.
i've read some horror stories of the latest software version (1.0.10), so if you do want to bother, then i'd look for an earlier version.
I am fine with 500Hz, but is the lowest step you mentioned on the mouse by default? What would it be, 400dpi?

What other steps are defaults?

· Registered
1,987 Posts
i was told that the steps are ~515 and ~1000, despite being advertised as 400 and 800.
but for me the 800 step is actually unusable, even on desktop. it's unbelievable what they did with this sensor
but hey, ymmv of course
cowboy.gif

1,990 Posts
800 (or ~1000 on Kinzu) DPI is the native for the VT5366 sensor, but it also has insane positive acceleration while 400 DPI has usable amounts of positive acceleration, up to you which one you're going to use. I believe 400 DPI is just 800 DPI downscaled by the MCU.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.