Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know... Is it? I think it would do fine along with the included thermal paste...

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeMOn-X

I don't know... Is it? I think it would do fine along with the included thermal paste...

The stock heatsinks aren't bad at all. However, you can get better temps and possibly a higher overclock by spending a little more on AS5 thermal grease and a better Heatsink. IMO, the gain justifies the outlay here.

·
Administrator
64,455 Posts
The stock HSF ist all that bad especially the ones that come with the Opterons..i have to say there pretty good..But if you wish for better temps you may want to change the Thermal compound I would advise getting AS5 ( ARCTIC SILVER 5).

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeMOn-X

I also will say that they're not bad at all. They can be noisier though, but if you're willing to put up with more fan whine, then they're a decent cooler. I ran my 3700 on stock hsf at 2.86 ghz for months with very good temps, but eventually the noise got to me.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Awesome. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
I am using the stock heatsink that came with my SD3700. I did put some AS5 on there and removed the stock fan and replaced it with a Silverstone 80mm fan that I had to zip tie to the HS. LOL. But it works well. 30c idle and 38c load temps. So I would say the stock HSF are good until you can get a better one!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts