Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
I just went through Dell mod hell and I can tell you that the problem may not be how much space you do have, it will be the mounting ability you DON'T have. Dell, at least in my old 4550, has a custom HS mounting system that is a simple cam lever action. The traditional mounting hardware is nowhere to be seen. I will check when I get home since I still have the mobo and see if I can tell if the mounting holes for their system match those for stock brackets. If so you can remove their stuff and add what you need to get a traditional HS mounted up...if you have the space.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
if u are getting the mobo i showed u, then it should fit in there. it fits sideways in my midtower, but im not sure exactly how big that case is. i guess u wnat to use it after all. but it is one heavy mother, so u want to make a little support for it above with some string and zipties

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
How many people in here own a tower 112 that have posted you need to support it?

ATVkid and i both have this Cooler, and believe me the people at thermaltake thought of this...

there is a big bracket that goes on the back of the mobo with arubber pad to allow the weight to be distributed on the back og the motherboard...
oh and i tightened the crap out of it ... i tightened it so much the metal bracket for the top was bending a little bit : nothing broke...

the 112 cools very well, and my case might be a rare one, but 3.2e running at 3.9ghz is pretty good on air, lando only got to 3.83 on watercooled with a 226watt tec. but i think he just got a bad chip or something..

idk if the tower112 will fit in the dell case but its made to barely fit in a standard atx case with a 80mm fan in the side so i think that it should fit in a dell

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes i know the tower 112 will fit. but i am getting the lighter version the tower 102. and it comes with a fan already screwed on and ready for action. i measured my case. its about 5 1/2 inches long or more. so im sure it will fit. also i am getting a new mother board because i know the dells have sucky ghetto setup. imma break the cupling of the 90mm suction fan on back. plug that into one of the 3 pins. then i might add a second silent cat onto the tower 102 and will get 104cfm with both on it. so that both of those fans will attach to the remaining 2 3pin slots. so thats what im probably going to do thx for your help guys here is what im getting. well i might just leave the tower 102 with one silent cat fan on it it will work just as good as yours. but better with 2 fans on so here are what i am going to get http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...131-492&depa=0 http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...999-136&depa=0 http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...106-043&depa=0 i might just leave the heatsink how it comes with just one fan

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
coool, u took my advice, and i think that the 102 will be fine. but with the second fan, u wont get 100 cfm with 2 fasn, u still only get 54, just it comes through alot better. but its still worth getting that second one. itll probly cool about the same as the 112, but alot lighter

just off topic, are u still getting that memory??

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
you might want to shop around a bit....i just bought the same cooler for 35 and change shipped....its going for 37 from the same place now.
http://www.ewiz.com/detail.php?name=FAN-CLP025
havent installed it yet.....running a thermaltake polo735 and it does ok
eric

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
def get it... i decided to post just cuz i saw tt tower 112...haha, but no you never need an external support for it, it isn't as heavy as advertised...believe me, when i got it, i was like ***? it's this small? it will hold itself up very well, me and spooked can attest to this. they thought the mounting process through... you dont need a support, it holds itself up veryfine... btw, spooked, which way do your fans lay? vertically or horizontally... like are the fan mounts facing upwards or sideways?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol Thx For Telling Me Imma Get The Tower 102. Lighter And More Efficent I Think And Comes With A Nice Fan On It

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
just a q. cuz you were looking at it, is it made of all copper? i think it is, i'm jw
Quote:

Originally Posted by GT!

Lol Thx For Telling Me Imma Get The Tower 102. Lighter And More Efficent I Think And Comes With A Nice Fan On It

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

How many people in here own a tower 112 that have posted you need to support it?

ATVkid and i both have this Cooler, and believe me the people at thermaltake thought of this...

there is a big bracket that goes on the back of the mobo with arubber pad to allow the weight to be distributed on the back og the motherboard...
oh and i tightened the crap out of it ... i tightened it so much the metal bracket for the top was bending a little bit : nothing broke...

the 112 cools very well, and my case might be a rare one, but 3.2e running at 3.9ghz is pretty good on air, lando only got to 3.83 on watercooled with a 226watt tec. but i think he just got a bad chip or something..

idk if the tower112 will fit in the dell case but its made to barely fit in a standard atx case with a 80mm fan in the side so i think that it should fit in a dell

My tower cooler is just about the same as yours.. but I thought I'd just add a little thing...
My AeroCool DP101 weighs in about 100g more then the Tower you guys are using.. I don't have any weight problems at all, nor do I have any extra support on it. The retention bracket that was sent with it works like a miracle.. Trust me.. I tried bending the bracket before I threw it on there.
Not only does it look nice.. but its cheaper.. and performs on par with the TT. I've got my 2.4 pressy @3.9Ghz stable.. but then the PSU died.. When I get my new one I'm going to show how much this cooler can take since I was only running 33c idle and 45 load with just a 60CFM fan... lol

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

if u are getting the mobo i showed u, then it should fit in there. it fits sideways in my midtower, but im not sure exactly how big that case is. i guess u wnat to use it after all. but it is one heavy mother, so u want to make a little support for it above with some string and zipties

GT!, are you replacing the mobo as well or keeping the Dell board? If you are replacing I won't bother checking mine...jw.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bindusar

GT!, are you replacing the mobo as well or keeping the Dell board? If you are replacing I won't bother checking mine...jw.

i just looked on my dell mobo, they DO seem to fit... not sure about it though, but they seem to be in the right place, there are mouting holes, i don't know if they are the correct dimensions, but they're there...all 4 of them...

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATVkid*AFZ*

i just looked on my dell mobo, they DO seem to fit... not sure about it though, but they seem to be in the right place, there are mouting holes, i don't know if they are the correct dimensions, but they're there...all 4 of them...

Yeah, I looked as well and they do seem to be in the same local as on my Abit. Worst case if they are slightly out of position a Dremel can fix that right up unless there is PCB features too close (I would think they would steer clear of holes jic...).

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
um, i just looked, it seems like the PCB prints are close...but not close enough such that you couldn't make small, and i mean small adjustments.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts