Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a Samsung SSD drive off craigslist last night. Downloaded Macrium Refrect.
HDD 300GB (150gb being used)
SSD 250GB Completely clean.

I saw a video online, it was doing fine, then i woke up this morning and saw this. Does anyone know what this means?

If this isn't the right section to post, can someone tell me where i can post this question?

·
Getting used to 'new'
5,126 Posts
@Lord Xeb, I hate tagging people for help, but I am going to be completely useless here.

Resendiz, are you trying to clone the SSD to be your new OS drive? Also a moderator will move this thread to the appropriate section.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I want everything to go to the SSD. Since my laptop has 2 slots, I will use the HDD as extra storage only.

Thank you for your help!

·
Getting used to 'new'
5,126 Posts
The storage gurus will have to chime in, but I believe there are issues when trying to clone the boot sectors of the drive while it's actually running. Software cannot copy over vital sections of the Windows install while that Windows is running. There might be some software that can do this, if this is the problem.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
Looks like you encountered a bad sector on that drive. Try giving Mini partition wizard a go. Either that or clonezilla.

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcEsSalvation View Post

The storage gurus will have to chime in, but I believe there are issues when trying to clone the boot sectors of the drive while it's actually running. Software cannot copy over vital sections of the Windows install while that Windows is running. There might be some software that can do this, if this is the problem.
Macrium Reflect can clone boot sectors while the drive is running.

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Xeb View Post

Looks like you encountered a bad sector on that drive...
I concur. Most cloning software will fail to clone if there are problems with the source or destination drives.

As I said in your other thread, considering where you got it, it is likely you received a bad SSD although it's also possible the HDD has become corrupted.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts