Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a program, hack, or anything that will let me increase the volume of my speakers? I have an old audigy sound card and some logitech z-3e speakers. I have heard of people cracking the ipod to do this so i thought you must be able to on a PC.
Thanks.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wnewport

Is there a program, hack, or anything that will let me increase the volume of my speakers? I have an old audigy sound card and some logitech z-3e speakers. I have heard of people cracking the ipod to do this so i thought you must be able to on a PC.
Thanks.

Have you already increased all of the volumes to max for all devices under sounds?

Do you have the volume on max for the programs that you use?

I have onboard and with stock speakers my volume is soo loud that I can't even turn it up all of the way, I have wave set to 60% right now.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah all my stuff is set to loud or high

Also while looking at my audio settings there is no config for 2.1 system, nothing that will recognize a sub. Is there a way to optimize my sound in this area?

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
your speakers should have a crossover in them... and you should have a gain on your subwoofer... if not just adjust your bass in your audio app... also does your soundcard come with any drivers for it you should get better controlif you update your drivers... and they might have an option for 2.1 speakers in the new drivers...

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a sound blaster Audigy SB and creative does not have it listed on their site anywhere, so where could i get software and drivers for it? I took it out of my old computer and put it into my new one so i don't have the stuff like the cd which i lost.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found downloads but it doesn't detect my device, either the drivers are wrong or my computer is screwy. I am sure of what my sound card is unless its an old version.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

I have a sound blaster Audigy SB and creative does not have it listed on their site anywhere, so where could i get software and drivers for it? I took it out of my old computer and put it into my new one so i don't have the stuff like the cd which i lost.

Which model of Audigy is it?

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
i dont think ive ever posted this as it is one of the few tricks i still keep up my sleeve... but since im a nice guy and all here you go...
ok every electronic device is governed by the FCC, well every device has a FCCid# posted on the board.... the FCCid gives you the exact model number of the device... so goto this site and put in your FCCid and then search for the driver for it and download the drivers for it... heres your Sign

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

i dont think ive ever posted this as it is one of the few tricks i still keep up my sleeve... but since im a nice guy and all here you go...
ok every electronic device is governed by the FCC, well every device has a FCCid# posted on the board.... the FCCid gives you the exact model number of the device... so goto this site and put in your FCCid and then search for the driver for it and download the drivers for it... heres your Sign

Great trick.

Let us know if you have it fixed.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

Great trick.

Let us know if you have it fixed.

Thanks that was helpful, and yes i got it fixed thanks to you guys thumps up to you

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by spookedjunglist

ok well i guess we didnt help him

My bad i gave you the reps. I just wasn't thinking as usual

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

My bad i gave you the reps. I just wasn't thinking as usual

That's ok, we were just joking with the atitudes.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts