Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is thier a way so I can run Gamespy Arcade twice on one computer, with two accounts running at once? Because if you try it normally it just opens p the existing opened copy.

·
Premium Member
3,582 Posts
im pretty sure there isnt..unless you maybe did it under a differnent account on the computer but you would have to keep switching back and forth..

·
Registered
413 Posts
Im not trying to steal your thread or anything but its a question that is basically the same. Is there anyway I can run 2 of the same game (Knight Online) at the same time so I could have 2 accounts running without 2 computers. Like could I rename the process to 2 diffrent things or something... idk

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
To answer both questions<br>
1. Your pc is going to run like junk unless you have a dual core<br>
2. install 2 seperate copies, in seperate folders. Do not just cut and paste and this should work.

·
Registered
44 Posts
you can sometimes run two instances of the same program on one pc, i like to abuse my pc's by running 2 x prime 95 with -a0 and -a1 extensions then hit them with the 3dmark05, its my way of showing who's alpha pc.<br>
mabee you could adapt my sick test for your needs.<br><br>
mabee try( i take absolutley no responsibility for anything whatsoever never )<br>
install two versions of the program but call them different things and put them in differnt places.<br>
you will of course have htt, place shortcuts for each instance on your desk top and rightclick and select properties, where it says target add -a0 to the very end(remember the space) of the first and -a1 for the second. (you already know thats sets affinity for core 1+2 but others may not).<br><br>
however i suspect that if this works for you you will need to find a way to seperate the ports being used for gamespy. good luck any hows.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts