Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lurker
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok well ive got a AMD 4200+ at stock frequencies on a ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe mobo with 2 gigs of ram

there is the score i got...i figured it would be a little faster for my setup?

So is this score bad for my setup or is it just me?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Yes at stock speeds and your ram with such loose timings running in 2T that is probably about right. OC that badboy and see if your ram will run in 1T and you will see a big jump.

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
I get just under 20s for my E6300 @ 2.8GHz with RAM at 400MHz with 4-4-4-12 timings. So yeah, overclock your CPU and RAM and you should be able to get down to 30s at least

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sleepy916
View Post

You should be getting a much better time than that. I'm curious about your ram, it had a frequency of over 360 mhz. I'm doubt that is showing the right number.

he's running DDR2. i'm sure thats the right number.

·
Lurker
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have the 65W edition of my CPU and i heard they dont OC very well :-/

and i dont really know crap about OCing

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Why is your RAM at 2T? Considering that, and being at stock, with really loose timings, that sounds about right.

·
Lurker
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I havent messed with any of the timings or anything :-/ i changed over from my A8N-E, 3200+ (2.3) 1 gig to this and my times increased and i was just wondering if that was cause of it not being OC'd. I can change it to 1T in just a sec. Im downloading AM3 cause i reformatted my whole comp when i changed parts and so im still gettn all my old stuff.

·
Lurker
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok yea the reason i got all those error messages was because it was in 1T. My ram WILL NOT go into 1T :-/. All i did was change where it said 1T/2T Configuration or something like that and changed from Auto to 1T. I left everything else on Auto

1 - 11 of 11 Posts