Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having troubles with my new system, so I havent really been able to test it out, but how good/bad is this PSU?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...148-001&depa=0

I already have it, so I cant re order something else, but I'm just wondering if it might be causing any problems with my system below VVV I think the problems are with the mobo, but I'm not sure...

btw, problem is: Turns on for about 8-10 seconds, does a short beep, then whole comp turns 100% off. Checked mobo for beep code thing, and found nothing...

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludaz

I'm having troubles with my new system, so I havent really been able to test it out, but how good/bad is this PSU?

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...148-001&depa=0

I already have it, so I cant re order something else, but I'm just wondering if it might be causing any problems with my system below VVV I think the problems are with the mobo, but I'm not sure...

btw, problem is: Turns on for about 8-10 seconds, does a short beep, then whole comp turns 100% off. Checked mobo for beep code thing, and found nothing...

Looks like a fairly good PSU. Have you tryed it on a different PC??? Maybe it's something else... Or you got a fubared PSU in the first place.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by atvkid1090

modthebox did a review... they gave it a 9.5/10

http://www.modthebox.com/review253_1.shtml

if its that good, i want one! 500w for like 54 bucks?!?! are you kidding me?

Ok, so if I hook this PSU up to a Ultra Infinity only the 20 pin ATX plug should be on it, and not the 12V? Or should the 12V be plugged in and not the ATX, or both? I've tried both, and I tried just the ATX, and I was having troubles with both....

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
If the motherboard has sockets for both the 20-24pin ATX and the 4-pin 12volt ATX, plug them both in

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
If we are talking about the DFI nForce2, You shouldn't need a 4 pin molex, socket A mobo's don't require that. It is interesting that this mobo has it. Does the manual say what it is for? Maybe for the AGP Slot? I think that you should remove everything except for the the CPU, 1 stick of RAM, Video card and hard drive. See if it boots up. Also try clearing the CMOS.

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
My knowledge of nForce 2 and Socket A is pretty limited having never had experiences with it, but I know, for whatever reason, that DFI nForce 2 boards had the 4-pin 12 volt connector, and it could be for the simple reason to get more juice to the CPU for better overclocking. Regardless, if it's there, plug it in, because it was likely put there for a reason. The higher end XP's might need the 4-pin since PSUs are usually labled "Pentium 4/AMD K7 Compatible"

·
Registered
698 Posts
I have one and it works great. The Rails arent anything outstanding, but they are within the tolerances, and none of them are particularly low. It provides enough power for my system, and it looks f'in sweet. Also all the cables are sleeved not just the 20 pin on mine.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yes its clean, and its within tolerable ranges. I say buy it just for the price. In my situation, I bought it because it looked sweet and was the only 500watt PSU I could afford, and I am more than happy with it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
umm my friend plague here had bad rails with thatt psu maybe try a antec i like those better idk return it if bad rails if warranty is ther lol!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

My knowledge of nForce 2 and Socket A is pretty limited having never had experiences with it, but I know, for whatever reason, that DFI nForce 2 boards had the 4-pin 12 volt connector, and it could be for the simple reason to get more juice to the CPU for better overclocking. Regardless, if it's there, plug it in, because it was likely put there for a reason. The higher end XP's might need the 4-pin since PSUs are usually labled "Pentium 4/AMD K7 Compatible"

yeah i have the nf7-s ver 2 and i have the 4 pin on mine also and its pluged in . i would plug it in if it avalible...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts