Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
2,621 Posts
not really, where are you getting it from and what's your budget? I would look at XSPS's rads, very nice for the price.

I think low speed fans will suite if they're nice quality. (Yate Loons)

·
Premium Member
8,196 Posts
Most HWlabs rads, with the exception of the SR-1 are High FPI and need high cfm fans. This rad in particular is unique, since it has the barbs on opposite ends.

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Hi.

Fwiw, HW Labs makes pretty decent radiators, although I have no experience with the X-Flow series.

I think that these radiators have a pretty dense fin arrangement (FPI ~ Fins Per Inch), so you will need some fans with decent static pressure and cfm.

I have a couple of HW Labs radiators mated with 38mm-deep Panaflo fans, they do the job of cooling quietly and efficiently.

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by triangle
View Post

some of you are saying low speed some not
some of you say good some say bad

i is confused

Sadly it can be this way.

Fwiw, I have yet to be let down by a HW Labs radiator.

As for fans: Consider that a dense fin arrangement yields the need for more pressure/cfm so that airflow can pass freely between the fins.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by triangle View Post
some of you are saying low speed some not
some of you say good some say bad

i is confused
Here is the conclusion:

Good Radiator, although unique because it has the inlet/outlet on either ends of the radiator.

High speed fans will work the best with it, because of it's high fin density.

The guy suggesting low speed fans was referring to a different radiator, the XSPC RX360 radiator, which likes low speed fans.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts