Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very GPU dependant bench huh? when u see low numbers like 500-600 makes u want to CF, it like 4:00am here and i wnat to go buy another 5870..lol, but i guess that im average for my card

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by fssbzz
View Post

u should run urs max on 1920x1080 8xaa 16xaf

Everytime i try and run it at that res it wont let me or it freezes, i just thought it wouldnt let me do it since it is not my native resolution.

edit take that back ran everything at high

http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y85...venbench-1.png

wow i got better results in full screen
http://s3.photobucket.com/albums/y85...fullscreen.png

i am still using the 10.3 betas i am going to prob install the 10.3ps sometime this weekend. there is a lot of spots where that thing drops to like 7 frames and then shoots back up to like 30 or 40. I am also running at stock speeds 735mhz.

Also how do you guys get your pic to show with out the link i click the insert picture thing at the top but that never works for me.

·
Banned
1,251 Posts
I laugh at the results, mine being 500 and 800, ***? wheres the big 3Dmark6 20K scores?
I have seen 1 guy have 40 K on 3Dmark so far.
Just makes me laugh how we chase the elusive high scores only to be slapped in the face when we finally do manage the BIG ONES, by this Heaven benchmark..

Still its eyecandy, and great to watch, I just can't really justify having it run at 60 FPS, costing me 1K just in GPUs..
Maybe in another 2 years..

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mooooooooooooooooooooooo
View Post

I laugh at the results, mine being 500 and 800, ***? wheres the big 3Dmark6 20K scores?
I have seen 1 guy have 40 K on 3Dmark so far.
Just makes me laugh how we chase the elusive high scores only to be slapped in the face when we finally do manage the BIG ONES, by this Heaven benchmark..

Still its eyecandy, and great to watch, I just can't really justify having it run at 60 FPS, costing me 1K just in GPUs..
Maybe in another 2 years..

Benchmarks mean nothing to me. As long as all my latest games are running nice and smooth thats all that matters, yea its bragging rights but hey, there is always going to be a dominant benchmark out there that will make your pc look like doo doo. I remember back in the day i think it was like 3dmark04 or something there was this 1 scence where i was getting like 2 fps no joke, i had just built my computer and i was like *** is this?

·
Banned
1,251 Posts
Yeah I hear you d00d, I am not even into O/C the GPU, I like stability, and this 5850 is good value per performance.
Had an 8800GT 512 before that.
The jump in 3Dmark6 for 8800 to 5850 was, not mind blowing, more of, wow, an appreciation factor of what I could finally do with this card, yeah play my games..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts