Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just got another 8800GT for SLI. I was getting the dreaded nvlddmkm error until I replaced my ram. Now I am getting this in crysis. http://i37.tinypic.com/a2bzfn.jpg

I also get a crash to desktop every 30min or so with stalker clear sky (patch 1.5.04). This may just be a bug, it would not be the first one in that game
I tried patching up, but my savegames did not work. My main concern is Crysis. Could this be a GPU problem, or just an odd bug. If I alt +tab out of the game then back in, it goes away for a while. It is not always as servere as in the picture. It is playable, but very annoying. Also, the humvees don't have any wheels, they just float around (this part is kinda funny
) Any ideas on how to fix? I am patched to 1.21

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you're still OCed on your original 8800gt, then it may be that your new 8800gt can't handle that freq. Last I checked, SLI links the clocks on both cards, so try scaling your GPUs back to defaults and bringing em up again, like keith27 suggests.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I have not OCd any. Both of these cards are the XFX XXX edition (core clock of 670). I also have duorbs on them and they do not go over 55C.

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
make sure you have the latest drivers installed
i had that same problem and it was the drivers

you have to uninstall it completly and install the most recently driver from scratch

im sure it will work

PS: check your sli cable is mounted props as well

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by DK_mz
View Post

...check your sli cable is mounted props as well

Ok, thanks for that. I have been removing my GPUs testing another problem I was having (bad RAM). I have been checking them, but I looked again after you said this. I looked at my GPUs, stopped, looked again, turned around, and there sat my SLI bridge... Right where I had left it the last time I removed my GPUs.....
X10^

REP+ for me being dumb
That seemed to fix the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts