Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I made a similar thread a few weeks ago but I really need to be sure what the problem is before I go ahead and buy a new mouse

The problem I'm facing is the settings I want to use cannot work for me. For example, 400dpi and 1.9 is perfect for me. I can flick shots and instantly hit my target. But my main problem with these settings is when I aim with precision accurately to try get a headshot within a small space my mouse feels like it jitters slightly, like it skips pixels? I don't know how else to explain it.

When I use 400dpi and 1.3 it's fine, why is that? I don't like playing on 1.3 but when I aim with precision on higher sens it feels like it skips tiny pixels so makes me less accurate.

Razer Taipan Corsair mm400 pad 6/11 400dpi 100hz polling

Is this a mouse problem or is it just because I'm using high sens? I hope not. because I can't play on really low sens.

TLDR: When I use high sens and when I aim with precision my mouse seems to jump small pixels which makes it annoying for me. Like when I hold my crosshair and move while turning corners, it moves and looks pixelated.

Made a video. This is 400dpi and not playing CSGO.
https://vid.me/JZJx

·
Registered
46 Posts
Try using 800 DPI with 0.95 sens.

Edit: Just read your other thread, you said you have the problem even with 800 DPI and "matching sens"? You used 0.95 then? going from 400 DPI to 800 DPI (double) should mean you half your sensitivity--- 1.9 / 2 = 0.95. If that didn't work, then I don't know what the issue is. Especially since you say setting it to 1.3 fixes is.

The in-game sensitivity setting is directly related to how far you "turn" per count/"dot" from the mouse. Obviously a larger value means each turn is larger, or more "jittery", but you can compensate for a lower in-game sensitivity value by increasing DPI (as long as you don't go crazy with it).

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyval View Post

Try using 800 DPI with 0.95 sens.

Edit: Just read your other thread, you said you have the problem even with 800 DPI and "matching sens"? You used 0.95 then? going from 400 DPI to 800 DPI (double) should mean you half your sensitivity--- 1.9 / 2 = 0.95. If that didn't work, then I don't know what the issue is. Especially since you say setting it to 1.3 fixes is.

The in-game sensitivity setting is directly related to how far you "turn" per count/"dot" from the mouse. Obviously a larger value means each turn is larger, or more "jittery", but you can compensate for a lower in-game sensitivity value by increasing DPI (as long as you don't go crazy with it).
I've done some testing and even when I'm not in the game and use 400dpi and slowly move my mouse in one direction it jitters. I will make a video soon for you, will you be around you help?

·
Registered
411 Posts
Buy a new mouse, see of the same problem occurs, return it if it does, in which case it is most likely your motherboard's USB port/controller.

·
Premium Member
4,274 Posts
I used a Razer Taipan for about 8 months as a CS:GO player and never had this issue, but then again I use 2200 DPI. Then again, I found the Taipan to be a bit large and hard to lift, so I bought a Diamondback 5G.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze127 View Post

I used a Razer Taipan for about 8 months as a CS:GO player and never had this issue, but then again I use 2200 DPI. Then again, I found the Taipan to be a bit large and hard to lift, so I bought a Diamondback 5G.
it's likely a pad issue. abyssus has issues on the talent, and other pads make certain sensors act funny. if he's just noticing it now or it's always been around, it's probably the sensor. if it just started, that's something else.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A pad issue? Really?

I have a Razer Galiathus, my mouse doesn't register swipes. So I went and bought a Corsair MM400...

·
Premium Member
4,274 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samzon View Post

2200 DPI? If I used that DPI my jitter would break my monitor.....
Yeah, I'm a bit odd. I have 3 monitors though (2x 24" & a TV) so I need it for moving around the desktop. I use a really low setting in game though, something like 0.33.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How did you even come up with such a DPI? I mean, why not 800 dpi and use in-game sensitivity to adjust? Why the hell 2200.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts