Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive only got 256 mb DDR now, so I was gonna get this cause my FPS's are garbage after just getting a new Sapphire Radeon 9600xt. (I made a thread about this in pc gaming...) I also probably will get a heatsink/spreader/thingy for it, or would it be better to get 512x2 sticks (and heatspreaders) instead? Thanks to anyone who replies!!!

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by X_EroC_X_LateM_X

Ive only got 256 mb DDR now, so I was gonna get this cause my FPS's are garbage after just getting a new Sapphire Radeon 9600xt. (I made a thread about this in pc gaming...) I also probably will get a heatsink/spreader/thingy for it, or would it be better to get 512x2 sticks (and heatspreaders) instead? Thanks to anyone who replies!!!

I'm trying to decipher this but what I think you are asking is "Should I get more RAM or should I just get a cooling unit" I say both, but if only one choice get more RAM.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
hmmm I would be iffy about buying OEM hardware off eBay they are usually flawed in some form or another (hince why the person is selling them).

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
You can get a gig of PC3200 for less than that anyway. Heatspreaders do nothing unless you're running very high voltages (3.1+ volts)

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
"128X4 High Density chip configuration (Not compatible with Intel & Nvidia chipset motherboard. Please check in my ebay store for 64X8 Low Density 1GB DDR)"

Lol I would say that's also a problem

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy

"128X4 High Density chip configuration (Not compatible with Intel & Nvidia chipset motherboard. Please check in my ebay store for 64X8 Low Density 1GB DDR)"

Lol I would say that's also a problem

hmmm What is it compatible with then?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSmiley

hmmm What is it compatible with then?

Via Chipsets? I would say go on newegg and look at some ram. It's pretty inexpensive and you know that it works. If it doesn't' you RMA it and they send you some new stuff.

·
Registered
840 Posts
He's not running A64 so I think that's a good deal. I think the timings could be better (cas 2.5) but oh well...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts