Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey im building a new pc i dont have the greatest budget in the world but its better then nothing so here it goes tell me if its alright

Case:
Thermaltake VA4000 Series SViking VA4000BWS Black Mid Tower Case With fan speed controllers & Temp. LCD Monitor with alarm (replacing the 120mm fans with 2 red LED 120mm Logisys fans)

Ram:
Geil Value Series 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200 (yes only 1 stick for now getting another in about 1 month)

Mobo:
DFI Lanparty UT NF3 250 GB For socket 754

CPU:
3400+ A64 socket 754 Newcastle

PSU:
Thermaltake W0013 Silent Purepower 480W with Silver Housing Xaser edition ATX 2-Fan power supply

PS:: All this is from Newegg.com sorry i didnt get links but im keeping my 9800 pro for awhile and my Hardrive and cd-rom thanx guys

·
Banned
7,110 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Picard

Hey im building a new pc i dont have the greatest budget in the world but its better then nothing so here it goes tell me if its alright

Case:
Thermaltake VA4000 Series SViking VA4000BWS Black Mid Tower Case With fan speed controllers & Temp. LCD Monitor with alarm (replacing the 120mm fans with 2 red LED 120mm Logisys fans)

Ram:
Geil Value Series 184 Pin 512MB DDR PC-3200 (yes only 1 stick for now getting another in about 1 month)

Mobo:

CPU:

PSU:
Thermaltake W0013 Silent Purepower 480W with Silver Housing Xaser edition ATX 2-Fan power supply

PS:: All this is from Newegg.com sorry i didnt get links but im keeping my 9800 pro for awhile and my Hardrive and cd-rom thanx guys

If you can afford to - get PC 3500 or 4000. Because that will be your next upgrade. But all in All thats a killer system.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

If you can afford to - get PC 3500 or 4000. Because that will be your next upgrade. But all in All thats a killer system.

What brand cauz the pc4000 Geil gets like 2 stars on newegg

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by John Picard

Case:

Ram:

Mobo:

CPU:

PSU:

Not too sure about the Geil memory. Three out of my last 4 sticks have been faulty. Taking another stick back tomorrow from my A64 build at weekend.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
I can vouch for OCZ PC4000 Gold Rev.2

I have it running 260FSB on stock voltage and the timings are good for that high of FSB. 2.5 3 3 8 most mems I've seen run 3 4 4 8

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
yep, geil may not really be the way to go, you have to broaden your horizons. lol, i should take this advice myself

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

yep, geil may not really be the way to go, you have to broaden your horizons. lol, i should take this advice myself

Heh iunno was first thing i saw i think imma get corsair

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
just not the value RAM, stay far, far away from that. I'm cursed with a stick of that right now and my watercooling and new mobo is for nothing until I get better RAM

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by zokus

just not the value RAM, stay far, far away from that. I'm cursed with a stick of that right now and my watercooling and new mobo is for nothing until I get better RAM

I was thinking XMS series anyone had good or bad experiences with this?

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Supposed to be pretty good, tho expensive, as are all quality things.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts