Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I took apart my old wc system
an I will be using an old swiftec apagee gt block that I bought an. I7 plate for.
Will it ok to use with an i7?
I was getting good temps with my c2q q6600
please need input asap?

Also it's not as shiny for some reason anymore on the contact part,
what would b the best way to clean it up, what should I use liquid wise?

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
It won't work as good as the newer block, it should still be much better than air though. That said, if you can get your hands on an Apogee XT, Heatkiller 3.0, or an EK supreme HF, I advise you to do so.

"Shinyness" doesn't help the cooling performance, but clean it with some rubbing alcohol to make sure there isn't any gunk on it.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by urgrandpasdog
View Post

It won't work as good as the newer block, it should still be much better than air though. That said, if you can get your hands on an Apogee XT, Heatkiller 3.0, or an EK supreme HF, I advise you to do so.

"Shinyness" doesn't help the cooling performance, but clean it with some rubbing alcohol to make sure there isn't any gunk on it.

Ok thnx a lot man, so an in about a month I'll be able to get a new on, which one u think I should get?
U listed a couple but which one u think is best

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
If you want to restore the shine for aesthetic reasons.... coat it in ketchup for 5 mins. The vinegear will clean it up nice.

The block will work fine and should not affect temps by more than ?3C?

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RushMore1205
View Post

U listed a couple but which one u think is best

Honestly, they are all so close, if I were you I would just get the one that you think looks best.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts