Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, im building new pc soon, need someone to double check my list for compatibility. also suggestions would be appreciated.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/Pu...umber=15633846

and do i need any extra wires or cables to complete my build? i dont want to get half way through and order more stuff on newegg, since this is my first

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,142 Posts
Hmm, I think it looks fine, but it doesn't need that powerful of a power supply.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables
View Post

Hmm, I think it looks fine, but it doesn't need that powerful of a power supply.

well thats true i agree , but i will be adding another 460 to sli when i have the money. even then it will be overkill i suppose, oh well.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Everything looks good but I would suggest you take out the hard drive cables you will get like 3-5 with your motherboard, also take out the anti static wrist band. You won't be needing it, I've never used one along with a bunch of OCN members and have never had a problem. Also I'd suggest you'd stick with the Cooler Master R4 fans and just get 2 of those instead of 2 different fans just my opinion.

Instead of that GTX 460 get this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127518
You will be able to cool it better and overclock farther.

Also you won't be needing a 950W PSU, I would suggest another one that is also modular such as this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817139010
You won't need much to run SLI GTX 460s with this, it will run GTX 470s in SLI so you should be fine.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,142 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kyle7412
View Post

well thats true i agree , but i will be adding another 460 to sli when i have the money. even then it will be overkill i suppose, oh well.

Well, for this system, the TX950W would be able to handle two GTX 480s, or three GTX 470s.

But for two GTX 460s, SeaSonic's X650 is all you'll ever need, plus it's a far superior power supply as well (it's the best 650W on the market). Plus, it's $139.99 + $1.99 shipping:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817151088

·
Registered
387 Posts
weeeeeeee nice build i'm building mine next week prolly, i just have a quick question about the vid card, do i really need a 1gb gtx 460? i wanna get the evga 192bit 768 meg card cuz my screen is only 22inches do i really need the 1gig?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,142 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RagingThunder
View Post

weeeeeeee nice build i'm building mine next week prolly, i just have a quick question about the vid card, do i really need a 1gb gtx 460? i wanna get the evga 192bit 768 meg card cuz my screen is only 22inches do i really need the 1gig?

You'll have way more answers and views for your question if you have your own thread.

This is kyle7412's thread!

·
Not new to Overclock.net
79,142 Posts
Quote:

View Post

i usually do dat but end up getting no responses :/

So post a new reply once every 12-24 hours in order to "bump" your thread.

Or, come up with titles that draw better (like, be specific, but remain brief).

But most of all: be patient. You're not the only one asking questions you know.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Just my opinion but why do people keep buildingtheir builds now? I'd wait for black Friday or q1 of next year for the 67xx and 68xx radeon hd from AMD and the Intel i7 Sandy bridge cpus. I built my build a month ago which is acceptable being obsolete in 4 months. Frankly I love it, but being so close to black Friday or the new CPUs and gpus Id just wait till they release really. This is again just my opinion.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

View Post

the 1 gig is like 10 or 20 dollars more, i dont see why not.

·
Registered
4,131 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Not the screen size but the resolution. You can get a 27" with 1024x720 and it would work great or a 22" with 1920x1080 and watch it die

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.