Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Here is my new build for adobe premiere for essentially.

Intel 4770
Asus h97 pro
16 gb ripjaws
Gtx 670 2 gb
1 corsair ssd for windows
1 corsair ssd for adobe cache
1 tb hdd
Hyper 212 evo cooler
Corsair 550vs

Is this parts are good for a pc mainly work with adobe premiere?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
That should be okay, you can always add more RAM if you dont have enough.

It really depends on how big your project is, but if you can spend the money, I would look into getting something on LGA 2011, like a 3930k or a 4930k, the extra cores and more possibility for more RAM would serve you better. Also even if you ran an auto overclock, I know, but it does give you a tad bit more performance. Adobe likes the cores and the extra ram so if you can afford to throw the extra money in, then adobe will be able to use those resources. From what Ive looked at, having 32gb of RAM is a nice balance in price to performance.

Also, unless you can get your 670 at a pretty decent price, I would say pony up a tad bit more money and look at a 680 or a 770, since they are about $30ish more on the used market than the 670. I was able to get a 670 for $100 a few months back, but thats an exception..

As a downside it does cost more..

If you already have those parts, or you get a crazy good deal then those parts will do fine.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My budget is almost full with all of these
frown.gif
rams are really expensive these days

There is 100$ difference between 670 to 680 here.
frown.gif

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Even in the used market the difference is that big?

Thats what I meant...

And if your budget is full, look up a more cost effective SSDs...

Other than that, you can look for used Gskill ram, they have a lifetime warranty as long as they arent physically damaged. You can just send them in and they should replace them. Other brands like Crucial, Kingston and Corsair are similar as well, but Ive never dealt with their RMA policy for returning a dead kit, only Gskill and they were awesome when it came to that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts