Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I spotted this 9800GX2 on eBay for very little, however the card is faulty. So basically I would like OCNs input on if I should pick this card up and try to bake it to life.

Issues described by the seller
Quote:
This card is Faulty, when inserted in a computer there is no display and the fan doesnt spin, however all the lights glow green.
Do you think this can be fixed with a bake?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Sounds dead to me, but you could always try baking the card.

But I wouldn't take the chance.

EDIT: Also what brand is it? If it is EVGA it most likely has a lifetime warranty if step-up (meaning you will get a much better card). That is if he registered the card in the first 30 days.

·
Premium Member
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobicon View Post

Sounds dead to me, but you could always try baking the card.
But I wouldn't take the chance.
EDIT: Also what brand is it? If it is EVGA it most likely has a lifetime warranty if step-up (meaning you will get a much better card). That is if he registered the card in the first 30 days.
It's an XFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by driftingforlife View Post

Not worth the risk.
OK thanks
smile.gif
, I'll look for another card

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by overclocker23578 View Post

It's an XFX
OK thanks
smile.gif
, I'll look for another card
You may want to look into it I know XFX has a double lifetime warranty, I am not sure when they enacted this, but it is worth looking in to.

·
Premium Member
1,899 Posts
On 9800GX2 it was sometimes common for the internal SLI bridge to become disconnected which can sometimes cause this... but I agree with others... not worth the risk since there are a million other things that could be the culprit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts