Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150316

if it comes with COD4 and COD5:WAW,IT SHOULD play left 4 dead right?i mean come on
,COD games have LOTS AND LOTS of graphics
so it should be good if it can run Call of Duty 4 and 5 right?

BTW...you guys can post links of graphic card suggestions(but not over 150 bucks)

Thanks

EDIT:ATI is pretty good but i NEED Nvidia because i might do SLI later on

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
Yes, it will have no problem playing pretty much any game.

edit--that's a pretty good deal on a card--which comes with 2 games. Prices of these might go down soon with the release of the upcoming gts250, so keep that in mind.

another edit--The 9800 gtx+ is a better card for the money--it's an updated version, and probably a better deal, also comes with COD:WaW http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814133246

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyladouche
View Post

Yes, it will have no problem playing pretty much any game.

edit--that's a pretty good deal on a card. Prices of these might go down soon with the release of the upcoming gts250, so keep that in mind.

thanks for the reply and heck yeah its one heck of a deal ESPECAILLY when it comes with COD4 AND 5 thats a 100+ dollar value!!!!AND THEY ARE BOTH GREAT GAMES!!!!

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Penicilyn
View Post

Yes that card will do it nicely however for $10 more you can get a 4850 which is a much stronger card.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127401

Quote:

Originally Posted by br3nd064
View Post

^ I recommend that card as well.

he said he wants only nvidia

a 9800GT is great price/performance. u can get one for $99 after rebate on newegg, depending on brand. i got the Evga Akimbo w/ the dual slot cooler (not available on newegg anymore) and i can crank the fan up and drop the temps to 47*C and get a nice OC out of the card. the only difference is like 12 shader cores and memory bandwith when compared to the 9800GTX and 9800GTX+, tho the memory bandwidth difference is considerable, but the GT is plenty for the avid gamer. its not extreme, and doesnt have an extreme price.

9800GTX starts at ~150 and teh 9800GTX+ is ~$180+

anything above those and ur in the $200 range.

·
Premium Member
16,928 Posts
i have an 8800 GT (same thing) and it does really well in L4D. i use vsync and never drop below 30 fps in l4d, and i have max ingame settings, including 16x (MS i think)AA... CoD 4 and CoD WaW are usually at 45 or so fps but to be fair i don't really check due to all the action

i play at 1680 x 1050 and at stock speeds more often than not. it's a very fine card, especially for lower resolutions

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
should run on a small res fine.

·
Registered
674 Posts
even for higher res for l4d, that card should be capable

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BradleyW
View Post

should run on a small res fine.

depends on ur definition of a "large" screen. i have a 22 inch widescreen, i dont consider that small, and the 9800GT runs everything i have thought of.

higher resolutions can be bottlenecked at teh CPU just as easily as the GPU if u dont have a decent CPU. i learned that the hard way with my old CPU when i got this 22"

·
Registered
121 Posts
If you are basicly caring about Left 4 Dead, I've got a 8800 GS and played it (I uninstalled it after completing it like 1 month ago) with all settings to the max (don't remember which resolution) and run better than smooth, it ran fast. That was amazing, a very nice optimized game.

if you want to play Left 4 Dead online, I recommend you to buy it, cause I didn't buy it and as I couldn't use Steam, I had to use a program called "Garena" and was difficult and not very nice...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by computerfreak09 View Post
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150316

if it comes with COD4 and COD5:WAW,IT SHOULD play left 4 dead right?i mean come on
,COD games have LOTS AND LOTS of graphics
so it should be good if it can run Call of Duty 4 and 5 right?

BTW...you guys can post links of graphic card suggestions(but not over 150 bucks)

Thanks

EDIT:ATI is pretty good but i NEED Nvidia because i might do SLI later on
I have this card, and it runs Left 4 Dead without a problem. My FPS rarely dips below 50

·
Premium Member
7,187 Posts
My 9800GT maxes out Left4Dead (1680x1050 4xAA 16xAF) and I can run CoD4 at 1680x1050 with 2xAA 16xAF, though I usually play with no AA just to get an insane FPS (100+ with AA off.)

In short, yes that card will be perfect for those games.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
ok so i decided to go with that card(but still keep the posts coming for recommidation)
BUT I THOUGHT OF SOMETHING

ill go with this card and(if it doesnt past my b-day) then ill upgrade on my birthday or later on because i want COD4 and COD5 THEN ill get and better card

PS im getting a 20" Samsung(Hopefully,stupid tigerdirect took it off but i think its just out of stock and IT WAS NICE!!!)
so will a 20" be supported with the graphic card?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts