Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am looking for the best 4870 to get. not x2. but just reg 4870. here is the one i was wanting to get http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814161247. i like how it throws heat out of case. any other version of 4870 worth getting over this that better quality and maybe a little cooler? i want good quality.

·
DIY Guy
1,439 Posts
That is the stock cooling for that card. There are only a couple of other versions, like this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814261035 they say it cools better, but doesn't take the heat out of the case. If you don't like the Palit version, go for what ever you like the best (best price, best bundle, longest warranty or some even choose the one with coolest sticker).

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
BFG,EVGA AND XFX, I think offer the best warranty with there cards in the US, I am not sure if they all do ATI cards tho.
Is the card going to be fitted to your sig rig? If so,you might find that your system will bottle neck that card.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what do you think of one i linked, i think even though more $ i think for single card it will be awsome. i saw the one you posted and i am considering it. i like the dual fans. but i reall like the gig of mem on the other one. this card is gonna have to keep me happy for awhile so getting most out out of my card is essential to me. any other suggestions? i was told HIS is a good brand

·
DIY Guy
1,439 Posts
I'd also like to add that these cards can handle about 110-115C max. My X2 idles at 72-75C (ambient 22.5-24.5C) with the stock fan settings. With configuring the idle fan speed and upping it about 4%, you can pretty much multiply the % by 4 and you get the amount of temperature it is going to drop.
You should also know that Sapphire has lifetime warranty.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that saphire you linked is nice, onlyhitng though is fan noise. i am not trying to be too picky. but this thing is gonna be on my desk right next to me and i like to watch movies sometimes and that saphire according to reviews is noisy as hell. i reall like heatpipe design and all. but i guess the noise is a big issue for me plus i am getting antec 900 so i dunno. is stock cooling good enough?

·
DIY Guy
1,439 Posts
If the stock cooling wouldn't be enough, how the hell could they be selling them?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts