Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an intel motherboard and i was looking at this memory, is it compatible with a dell dimension 8300 with intel?

Specifications:
Manufacturer: PDP SYSTEMS
Speed: DDR500(PC4000)
Type: 184-Pin DDR SDRAM
Error Checking: Non-ECC
Registered/Unbuffered: Unbuffered
Cas Latency: 3-4-4-8-T1
Support Voltage: 2.6V (What is a good voltage?)
Bandwidth: 4.0GB/s
Organization: two 32M x 64 -Bit
Warranty: Lifetime

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Does it use DDR2 or just DDR memory? that's the only thing you need to consider. Though, it being a dell, there's no point in buying that kind of memory since it'll just run at the same stock PC3200 speed until you start overclocking. So it's a waste.

·
Premium Member
3,859 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
Does it use DDR2 or just DDR memory? that's the only thing you need to consider. Though, it being a dell, there's no point in buying that kind of memory since it'll just run at the same stock PC3200 speed until you start overclocking. So it's a waste.
My Friend got DDR2 533, but its at 400mhz....hahah, no OC
WASTE!

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Only way you can make any kind of effective use of that memory is to have a board that support overclocking. All buying PC4000 or whatever gets you is RAM that's been tested to run bus speeds of 250MHz, but running it in a stock system it will still just default to the stock PC3200 speeds. DDR2 or DDR can be determined by a CPU-Z screen shot, or of you have a lot of time... count the pins

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.