Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was moving around some UV lights in my case and noticed a funny color in my gpu block... Is this rust?? Is there anything i can do to clean it without taking apart my loop?? I have a silver kill coil in the res right now.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok this baby is coming apart, ill post back when im done.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ewwwwww

i dont think ill be using distilled water and silver coil anymore. Might have to find an alternative.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well my gpu block is the new nickle plated from EK, then rest is just copper from EK. Fittings and adapters are from EK and enzotech.

The water was crystal clear, nothing it in.

I still have to take apart my gpu block, but im concerned about riping off the waranty sticker in case its the block thats causing me problems.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
The sticker on the GPU block is only to certify that it was verified leak proof when being boxed. You can remove that sticker and the acrylic to inspect/clean the block. I would still submit an RMA to EK and they will tell you to attempt to clean the block. Once they issue that, go for it. I would not clean it until they know your issue though.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well this block only came out after the nickle plating issue. The box also came with that new sticker they added after the recall.

Urrggh i dont want to have to wait on EK lol I think i'll just open her up and see.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Yeah, you can open without issue, but I would hold off on cleaning until they tell you to do so. See if it wipes off with your finger or a micro fiber cloth.

From my experience, they are pretty quick with responses if you factor in the time difference of them being in eastern Europe.

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
I think that the block is OK and somethings just coated it, maybe a fitting or something has rusted up.. whatever it is this is one of the most extreme cases ive ever seen.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yeah good idea, i just snapped another pic and sent it to them on a ticket.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tipless
View Post

im thinking galvanic corrosion. are your rads aluminum? any aluminum in your setup?

Nope, no aluminum, everything is copper or nickel plated.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts