Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Followed instructions like a good boy, and am now fodling on both cores..

at 100% CPU on both cores now, CPU temp is low at 34C maintained..

but running 100% load for hours and hours.. is this going to shorten the CPU life or anything?

may sound like a dumb question, but it crossed my mind..

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
no, unlesss for some reason you temps go over 60-65 degrees, then it could damage something

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
I let mine rest on sundays lol....its meant to be worked as long as you're within limits of heat

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
Those temps sound a bit low unless you have your AC cranked way down (I know ambient in FL isn't overly cold right now). What program(s) are you using to measure temps? If you're not using TAT, I would strongly suggest you use it (you can find it in our downloads forum). On my system, it read 15-20°C higher than Speedfan and some others. Personally I trust Intel's software over the others.

Anyway, like the others said, if those are valid temps, you're in great shape. You should really keep it under 55°C if you're OCing and folding 24/7.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, checked with TAT

and it is showing higher readings.

thats at 100% on both cores.

Idle shows 41C and 39C respective.

oh.. and I do live in Florida, but Tallahassee is a lot different than the rest of the state! It gets COLD here

ambient is prolly 67F right now

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
It looks like you're good to go. You may need to pull back your OC come the Spring, but you're looking good for winter.

Cold in FL is different than cold elsewhere. Heck, cold here in KY is balmy compared to further north.

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
Are you water cooled or what? Those are some great temps, and an amazing temperature delta.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Don't bother with any of those temp measurement programs. Do it the old fashioned way: Place finger on base of heatsink. Count the seconds until you have to pull off your finger.

Trust me, that's the most accurate reading.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Lol. As long as the system is not in like really hot, you will be just fine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts