Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cfog3291
Is this a good memory? (I want a memort that will give extremely fast pc performance)

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...227-009&depa=1
i'm confused. you have a intel cpu & board and you're posting in the AMD section? that memory will not work on any AMD based board cuz it's ddr2, some new intel boards take ddr2 but zero amd boards do.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transonic
i'm confused. you have a intel cpu & board and you're posting in the AMD section? that memory will not work on any AMD based board cuz it's ddr2, some new intel boards take ddr2 but zero amd boards do.
im making a new pc

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
amd does not support ddr2 so neather of those rams will work. amd only supports ddr, and the best of that stuff is ocz gold or platnum.

also the board is sli and the videocard is not. if you want to use the board to its full potential get an nvidia card.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cfog3291

finally, is this a good ram?? http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...146-968&depa=1

OK nowi know what you're saying.

mobo - yes! i like it.
video card - i prefer nvidia and like The Bartender Paradox said, if you get an SLI board you'll need a PCI-Express video card.
HDD - dude don't get retail, get the OEM 74gb raptor for $54 less, it's the same thing. you also shoulda got it the other day when there was a $25 mail in rebate but it expired yesterday.
RAM - if you're gonna go gold then get the OCZ Gold VX for about the same price. OC's like a mother.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bartender Paradox

again its performance. try gold or platnum, like this
or this

i was told amd does not support ddr2, so i guess i'll have to go with the first one, thank you... wait, is that first one really really fast?

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by madgamer

Off track.........can u put a higher ram speed ie. pc4000 in a fatal1ty that says max pc 3200?

yes, the board will just limit the ram down to 3200 speed. the extra mhz is for ocing headroom.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by madgamer

Off track.........can u put a higher ram speed ie. pc4000 in a fatal1ty that says max pc 3200?

explain fatal1ty to me. if you mean can u put higher than pc3200 on a board that only supports pc3200 the answer is YES. the pc4000 pc4400 etc. just means it was tested at that speed and it's suppose to handle it. so when you first put it in your board it'll read it as pc3200 until you OC it to like pc4000 for example.

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transonic

explain fatal1ty to me. if you mean can u put higher than pc3200 on a board that only supports pc3200 the answer is YES. the pc4000 pc4400 etc. just means it was tested at that speed and it's suppose to handle it. so when you first put it in your board it'll read it as pc3200 until you OC it to like pc4000 for example.

fatal1ty is a new intel board from abit thats supost to be its uber performance thing. the name is named after the best gamer, whos s/n is fatal1ty. i

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts