Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I really need your help, I planning to have a loop setup going ---

Res--->Pump(koolance PM-450)--->CPU(koolance CPU-360)-->N/S brigde--> Mosfet 1---> Mosfet 2--> 3 Fan Rad--> Gpu 1 ---> Gpu 2 ---> 2 Fan Rad --> back to Res.

Is that a good setup for temp at load for all block under 59 Degree cel. Any suggestion would be helpful.

I right have them all on air and the only thing that is high at load is my GPU 1 at 75 Degree Celsius. Thus, I wanted to get watercooling cuz of my GPU temp.

·
Premium Member
2,510 Posts
I would swap you rads config and put the 360mm before the res and the 240 after the mosfet 2. Temps will equal out through the loop to a certain degree, but I would want my best cooling in front of my cpu, not my gpus.

With all that stuff, you might actually consider two loops. One for cpu and motherboard and one for gpus.

Fill in your system specs as well.

·
Happy Dad
346 Posts
I think mine is alright then...

res > mcp655 > gpu > gpu > 120.1 > cpu > 120.3 > res

I'll find out more on Friday, as that's when I get the rest of the stuff.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I would start with a rad and then insert a rad seperating the gpu's from the CPU

Rez>pump>rad>CPU>chipset if you want)>rad>gpu then a restart

or at rad at each end. rez>pump>rad>CPU>GPU>rad

your GPU's can run much warmer then your CPU so the focus should be on getting the coolest water possible to your CPU. focus on that and your good to go

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0sse
View Post

I think mine is alright then...

res > mcp655 > gpu > gpu > 120.1 > cpu > 120.3 > res

I'll find out more on Friday, as that's when I get the rest of the stuff.

You the rads to be before the heat source

·
Happy Dad
346 Posts
Everything I've seen and read, it doesn't matter what order your stuff is in, after a few minutes it all stabilizes... which makes sense.

·
Registered
373 Posts
There are marginal gains to be had from placing a rad before the heat source, in that it'll blow off some pump heat and give you slightly cooler water going into the heat load, but the benefits are so small that it's really not worth doing if it forces you to use more than a little bit of extra tubing.

Bottom line: If you can't set it up in the ideal config without going out of your way to do it, don't bother, because it's not worth it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was planning to do 2 loop but i just don't have the room in the case to have 2 pumps so is there a better way?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Also, I was not planning to cool the chip set, but I got this really great deal on the chipset water block.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I might plan on doing this loop but on top of your head do you think it would idle below 40 and load below 58 for the gpu sli setup?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thnguyen0
View Post

I was planning to do 2 loop but i just don't have the room in the case to have 2 pumps so is there a better way?

You could look into using something like this as your res, so that you will have room for 2 pumps, if you're adamant that you're going to cool all those components. The pumps that install into it (Swiftech MCP355 aka Laing DDC) are small but they're popular and powerful pumps. They'll handle anything you throw at them.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I might plan on doing this loop but on top of your head do you think it would idle below 40 and load below 58 for the gpu sli setup?

Honestly there are too many variables involved to make a good guess at that, especially with the complexity of the loop you're planning. If this is your first shot at watercooling, I'd advise that you start with a CPU loop and expand from there. If you're willing to spend more, I'd say 2 loops, one for CPU and the other for your GPUs, but don't get into MOSFET cooling and such as well right off the starting block.

Remember, the more things that you add to the loop, the more heat gets into your water. If you're concerned about CPU temps and you want 2 GPUs dumping heat into the loop as well, you're going to need some beefy rads and solid fans to blow it off. The fans and rads will add up to more cash than you think pretty fast.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Quote:

View Post

get a res with a built in pump for your GPU's

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/64...tl=g30c107s155

1st loop res>pump>rad>cpu>res
2nd loop res(with built in pump)>rad>GPU's>res

·
Registered
373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GrannyOnSushi
View Post

get a res with a built in pump for your GPU's

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/64...tl=g30c107s155

1st loop res>pump>rad>cpu>res
2nd loop res(with built in pump)>rad>GPU's>res

Man, I wouldn't trust that dinky pump for anything. The dual-bay XSPC res that can be equipped with 2 MCP355s is a HUGE step up.

My distrust isn't actually because of its dinky size, but because it's only rated at 200L/h (454L/h on the 355) and it's head is rated at 1.2m (comapred to 6.1m with the 355). Beyond that, they don't list the MTBT, and to me that's tempting disaster.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts