Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it says it supposedly can run 1440p although I'm noticing below 60 fps in games like Far Cry 4 and Lords of the Fallen is this normal? Is it required that I turn down the AA in games like these? Basically asking is my card performing less than it should or is this normal for a GTX 980 getting around 45-60 FPS in 1440p with some AA. Thanks guys!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have 980 strix 1080p 120hz monitor, and small overclock 1480 on core, 7300 mem.

Farcry 4, Maxing nearly all settings other than AA, which I can live without as I like more of a sharper look to games.

I am getting 100 to 110 FPS.

With your 1440p screen I would of thought you should get around 80 to 90 FPS.

Try the following

Slight overclock on GPU.

Turn off AA, does not make the games look so better for the FPS that you are losing.

Reduce shadow and shader and any other settings that you will not noticed.

Get yourself a good game based benchmark program, I use Metro Redux because it has some good settings that you and adjust.

Use Nvida shadow play for on screen FPS counter if fraps or MSI does not work.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To be honest its just those 2 games really, all my other games run at 60 just fine on the 1440p so idk =/ Just trying to kind of get a gauge of how long I'll manage to stay in that 1440p range.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superj1977 View Post

Can that CPU be overclocked? Im wondering if its the CPU holding you back.
No it isn't unlocked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocelot44 View Post

Well I'm using a i5-4460 CPU with Corsair AX760 PSU. 8 gigs of RAM.
What's the cpu and gpu usage like in Far Cry 4, do you know?

I have that game in my Steam library but haven't played it yet, I still need to finish FC3....
redface.gif
But I think it may be fairly cpu intensive...

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Easiest way is to download MSI Afterburner.

You can also monitor pretty much everything by using HWiNFO + RTSS, but its a bit more complicated to set up.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm not sure if I feel safe to overclock it myself >.> Unless its perfectly working and theres no chance of damage. Oddly enough I'm having a feeling its CPU based as I decided to try to turn off my Windows 8 Visual Effects and turned that to performance and now for some reason its running MUCH better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts