Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
I can't watch the video right now, but I'd like to help you. What are your temps and what is the overclock

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle982 View Post

I can't watch the video right now, but I'd like to help you. What are your temps and what is the overclock
Idle: 35-40c
Gaming 50-60c

The overclock is 4.6 Ghz.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinematicEdits View Post

Gaming 50-60c

Those are excellent temps

·
Registered
283 Posts
Quote:

yeah and its running on stock cooling fan. Is a offset voltage of 0.090 okay?
Wow, those temps are what people get on Hyper 212s. nice.
thumb.gif

As for the offset, if everything is stable and your temps are fine you should be fine. What is your actual voltage at load?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Gaming temps don't tell you anything. No, that overclock is not safe on stock cooling. Most people hit the max temperature limits of their i5/i7 on stock cooler on the stock settings.

I'm pretty sure you get into a big battle, or run prime95 small fft, you will cause an instant shutdown on your computer as it hits it's tjmax of 105*c.

What is the point of that video? That isn't you, it's incredibly obnoxious video. Please fill out your rig, put up screens, etc.

·
Premium Member
15,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belial View Post

Gaming temps don't tell you anything. No, that overclock is not safe on stock cooling. Most people hit the max temperature limits of their i5/i7 on stock cooler on the stock settings.

I'm pretty sure you get into a big battle, or run prime95 small fft, you will cause an instant shutdown on your computer as it hits it's tjmax of 105*c.

What is the point of that video? That isn't you, it's incredibly obnoxious video. Please fill out your rig, put up screens, etc.
have to agree with this. your stock cooler with the CPU @ 4.6GHz wont handle any sort of stability testing.

·
Registered
911 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma7820 View Post

lol I just watched the video when I got to my desktop that is hilarious, I hope you don't follow that guys advice especially since he was in the 70's less than 10 seconds into prime95
And seriously, did he just disable speedstep? What's the point of using offset OC and not letting it downclock/lower voltages?
Also, offset at +0.090 without checking VID first isn't a good idea
tongue.gif

Edit: Also what the others said, OC'ing at stock cooling is a no no, especially to 4.6

·
Registered
67 Posts
Quote:

Gaming 50-60c

I'd post up some screenshots of temperatures running Prime95... But if you're using the stock cooler that came with your processor I'd recommend picking up an aftermarket cooler before you do so, stock cooling + overclocking is asking for some sort of trouble.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I didn't know all this thats why I came on here. I ran those settings just testing it and it seemed fine, then I put them back to stock clocks and came on here to verify if those settings were even safe.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts