Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally put together my list and ordered all the parts. I have also ordered a Corsair CX450 v2 (450W). Do you guys think, it would be good enough for my current setup?

- i5 8400
- AsRock Z370 Killer SLI
- Zotac GTX 1060 AMP!
- 8 GB DDR4 2400 MHZ 1 stick
- 3x 120MM cooling fans in the case with LEDs.
- Maybe I'll add a RBG LED strip later.

What do you guys suggest?
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,923 Posts
It definitely has enough power, but how much did it cost?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

It definitely has enough power, but how much did it cost?
It's costing me around $60 where I live. I am in Europe and things are more expensive here than in the US
wink.gif
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,923 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
40,414 Posts
He said CX450 not 430
The 430 is old outdated and mediocre while the CX450 is newer and is DC-DC so its much better

You did say 450 and not 430 right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

He said CX450 not 430
The 430 is old outdated and mediocre while the CX450 is newer and is DC-DC so its much better

You did say 450 and not 430 right?
Yes it's 450 v2
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wboss View Post

It would cost me almost the double for shipping charges from the UK + the cost is in pounds so in CHF/Euro, it would cost me more.

How is it better though? The PSU I ordered is lacking something or isn't safe?
The RMx series is top-of-the-line. It has extremely good ripple suppression. extremely good voltage regulation, very high temperature tolerance, very high-quality internal parts, etc. The CX series is just a budget series of safe-to-buy PSUs. Nothing special, cheap quality, Chinese capacitors, etc.

I don't know what store you ordered from, but I'm willing to bet that for just a little bit more than the CX450 V2, you could get something MUCH better.
 

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
40,414 Posts
There is nothing better then the new CX series in the same price range as everything else is worse maybe with the exception Corsair Vengeance series
While its true that the CX are nothing special and not all that great the fact is everything that is better is going to cost more

The question is if the OP can afford to spend more or not?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

There is nothing better then the new CX series in the same price range as everything else is worse maybe with the exception Corsair Vengeance series
While its true that the CX are nothing special and not all that great the fact is everythng that is better is going to cost more

The question is if the OP can afford to spend more or not?
The only thing I am worried about is the PSU not supplying enough power to the components. If it is not going to burn them down and continue to provide decent power then should anyone really care about anything else as far as a power supply is concerned?

I found Be quiet! B8 450W for the same price. Is this any better than the CX?

Please enlighten me because I am completely ignorant about power supply
 

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
40,414 Posts
Can you link that as i never heard of any B8 from Be Quiet?
 

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
40,414 Posts
Those are all worse then the CX you already have so no dont bother
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: shad0wboss

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

There is nothing better then the new CX series in the same price range as everything else is worse maybe with the exception Corsair Vengeance series
While its true that the CX are nothing special and not all that great the fact is everythng that is better is going to cost more

The question is if the OP can afford to spend more or not?
That's a great point, but my point was that for only a little bit more, he could buy the RM550x. Why buy the CX450 V2 for 60 bucks when the RM550x is 76 bucks?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

That's a great point, but my point was that for only a little bit more, he could buy the RM550x. Why buy the CX450 V2 for 60 bucks when the RM550x is 76 bucks?
Because you replaced two different currencies with "bucks". US Dollar and British Pound. 76 British Pound are about 100 US Dollar.

So the "little bit more" is roughly 66% more.
 

·
Not new to Overclock.net
Joined
·
77,923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1LL View Post

Because you replaced two different currencies with "bucks". US Dollar and British Pound. 76 British Pound are about 100 US Dollar.

So the "little bit more" is roughly 66% more.
He never said anything about the "60" being in USD.

Regardless, I am trying to get his attention if you don't mind. ;) I figured the best way to do that with this part of the conversation is just by playing dumb. That's often a good way to get things cleared up efficiently. So, let's wait for his answer. I'm sure he doesn't want or need anyone answering for him.

(so yeah, I know he probably meant "60 USD", but that's not important right now)
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: shad0wboss

·
Registered
Joined
·
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shad0wboss View Post

It's costing me around $60 where I live. I am in Europe and things are more expensive here than in the US
wink.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

He never said anything about the "60" being in USD.

Regardless, I am trying to get his attention if you don't mind.
wink.gif
I figured the best way to do that with this part of the conversation is just by playing dumb. That's often a good way to get things cleared up efficiently. So, let's wait for his answer. I'm sure he doesn't want or need anyone answering for him.
Sorry, you are right. I just assumed he meant US Dollar by saying "$60".

Otherwise, fair enough.

Just a quick comparison of prices at a big retailer in Germany: CX450 = 50€ , RM550x= 86€

edit: fixed typo
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Apologies for not clearing this up before but the CX450 is costing me 56 CHF which is around $58-60. The other PSU is €99 on Amazon or roughly $115-120. I think I'll go with CX450 as there's no big downside to having this one plus there's no limit to "better" so I'll just stick with this one as long as it provides sufficient power to my gaming rig and doesn't get things up.

Thanks everyone for the help. Much appreciated
 

·
Senior OCN Member
Joined
·
40,414 Posts
The RMx is much better but if you cant spend almost twice as much the CX450 is fine
Its not great but its not bad either

But there is the Corsair Vengeance which is a middle ground
Cheaper then the RMx and better then the CX
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
749 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

The RMx is much better but if you cant spend almost twice as much the CX450 is fine
Its not great but its not bad either

But there is the Corsair Vengeance which is a middle ground
Cheaper then the RMx and better then the CX
What is the product name of the vengeance one? I'll search it up on the amazon and the local stores. Also can you please highlight a few improvements that vengeance has over the CX
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top