Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so im running a OCZ ModXStream pro 500w PSU a 920 OC'd to 4.0 at 1.248 vcore and two 8800gts in SLI OC'd to 770 core 1944 shader. When running IBT sometimes it will pass it easy sometimes it wont. I get about 47 gflops at 4.0 with my ram at 1528 9-9-9-24.

When it fails though this is what seems suspicious. It doesn't BSOD at all. I've only gotten 1 BSOD the whole time i've had this 920 now. It was when i was running all stock and the BIOS set my ram to 7-7-7-21 and it's supposed to be 9-9-9-24. Because it doesn't give me a BSOD im thinking that the 12v rail drops so low that it just reboot's or something.

I have a PC Power and Cooling 750w coming in the mail tomorrow but i just want to know if it's actually a power issue.

·
Registered
3,233 Posts
To be honest, that doesn't sound at all like a power issue. Sure, that's not the highest-quality unit, but it should be enough to power those components.

It more than likely sounds like unstable memory. Have you tried a memtest?

·
Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Plex
View Post

To be honest, that doesn't sound at all like a power issue. Sure, that's not the highest-quality unit, but it should be enough to power those components.

It more than likely sounds like unstable memory. Have you tried a memtest?

No i haven't. My ram is rated for 1600mhz 9-9-9-24. I have it running 1528 9-9-9-24 at 1.65voltage.

EDIT: So i did a PSU calc and it reccommended a 580w psu for my system and that's without my gpu's overclocked. So say my PSU is 80% efficiency it's only putting out 400w. I think it's definitely my issue. We will see after tomorrow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts