Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have heard of the ghost town in gta II, but also heard many rumors about it too, and have no clue what is fact or fiction. I know it is yesterday's news but after reading this

''Setting
We know that Liberty City will remain the same, or close to the same, as it was in Grand Theft Auto III. There will still be Portland, Staunton Island, and Shoreside Vale. There is rumors that some land has been added, such as the ghost town, which is rumored to be behind the closed up tunnel in SSV in GTAIII. Some things may also be explained, such as why the road in Saint Mark's was blown up, as well as the building near it. There are also subtle changes, since it takes place 2-4 years prior to GTAIII. Luigi's Sex Club 7 is now named Paulie's Revue Bar and is run by JD O'Toole, who is Triad-affiliated.''

from http://www.gtagaming.com/psp/info, It grabed ahold of me. Unfortanlly I don't have my gta III anymore due to way too many scratches on the cd. I would like to just know id the ghost town real in gta II, and it it real in gta lcs. Lastly, if you do happen to have the pc version of gta III can you take a screenshot for me because I have heard many rumors about how it looks some which are belivable and some which aren't like ''Ghost town in gta III has bikes'' I heard that before gta vc came out.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Yes GTA3 ghost town is real, although you need good DODO control to get there.

LCS i dont think you can find one without Edison Carters cheat device, i might install GTA3 on PC or take a pic of my PS2 version if i rember.

·
Premium Member
7,397 Posts
I could never even the dang Dodo off the ground! Maybe I would have a better time with it now after doing all of the flying missions in GTA:SA.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
The Dodo flies a lot differently from GTA:III to even Vice City. I was suprised how much easier it was to fly in Vice City than GTA:III.

Practice is really te only way to get better, I'm not sure what it was but I think he physics for the plane were way off ecasue I tried after playing Vice City and it was a hell of a time, like Vulcan said, to even get off the ground

·
Registered
688 Posts
Yes the ghost down is in the game, i cant memba were it is but you would have to put sum time in on the Dod to see it, you cant stand or land on it though, its is used in the beginning were they do the bank robbery movie thing.

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
I tried flying that dodo in III for like 2 hours and couldn't even go 100 feet.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Lol coz it wasnt ment to fly, its was ment for a mission involving you blowing up a building, but then the Twin Towers incidient ccured so they had to quickly scrap the mission but lef the plane.

Also you may not ice the wings are clipped, so you shouldn't be able to fly.

To fly the dodo:

Have it so ur looking left or right so you can see the plane at a right angle, ie: the whole plane length ways.

Then hold the down button or push the anolog stick down.

Keep doing this until you see sparks, then release the down force and you should lift.

Now straighten her up and never try to go up, always level it out or point her down a bit.

The dodo will bring itself level when heading down at low angle, and watch out for those air currents.

Now you have practised a bit with the dodo go find the island, well ill guide you where you need ot go.

So take off from the Airport, now go towards the posh part of staunton, now follow round the mountain with the dodo and keep going forward until you start to see the edge of the map (you can tell because the mountains seem to just end), now fly into the mountain and turn left, you should now see the ghost city.

Dude's i hope that helped because it sure hurt my wrists lol, havent done any work at school today.
Enjoy, Ace x

1 - 8 of 8 Posts