Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greeting my fellow overclockers. i was checking out the "review" section of OCN and i noticed in the CPU section they ranked the intel Core i5-2500k 3.3ghz #1. Im in the market for a new MB and CPU and i must say im much more pleased with the price of the i5 2500k compared to the i7 series..

This build will be for 90% gaming. Budget is a concern as im sure we are all trying to cut corners and save a few bucks.. in a nut shell. i want a system thats willing to give me atleast 4-5 years of use with minor upgrades along the road.. your input would be most helpful.

·
Premium Member
11,939 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxis View Post

Greeting my fellow overclockers. i was checking out the "review" section of OCN and i noticed in the CPU section they ranked the intel Core i5-2500k 3.3ghz #1. Im in the market for a new MB and CPU and i must say im much more pleased with the price of the i5 2500k compared to the i7 series..

This build will be for 90% gaming. Budget is a concern as im sure we are all trying to cut corners and save a few bucks.. in a nut shell. i want a system thats willing to give me atleast 4-5 years of use with minor upgrades along the road.. your input would be most helpful.
Sounds like the 2500k fits the bill. If the priority is gaming then the 2600k isn't usually significantly better, it will perform a fair bit better in heavily threaded applications, such as encoding. But as budget is an issue on a gaming build I'd say grab the 2500k and spend the savings over a 2600k on a better GPU
smile.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts