Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got myself a 7950...another one is coming in soon but...I have a slight issue with the first one...is this sagging too much?

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
i saw the second post and the thread title and i wasn't sure what was going on
biggrin.gif

that is a lot of sag maybe a strategically placed zip tie to hold it up somehow.

also the board in the op the ud7 awesome
thumb.gif

might want to try this

]

the powercolor powerjack.

·
Premium Member
15,257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master__Shake View Post

i saw the second post and the thread title and i wasn't sure what was going on
biggrin.gif

that is a lot of sag maybe a strategically placed zip tie to hold it up somehow.

also the board in the op the ud7 awesome
thumb.gif

might want to try this

]

the powercolor powerjack.
i agree get a power jack if your concerned. zip tpes do work too as i have used one from the PCB to the 5.25" cage as i have a hole at the end of my PCB. even a backplate can help as well atleast with the PCB flexing

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks folks...

I think I made it better by using the PSU cables as support? Am I paranoid or does it look better?

Before:

After:

·
Ever Forward.
6,524 Posts
Yeah that's what I'm worried about with my 7970, one of the drawbacks of the custom cooler I guess.
Backplate should help tho.

·
Premium Member
15,257 Posts
yes it is slighly better, probably nothing to worry about. you wont get it perfect unles you try tying the end to the case somewhere.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by stubass View Post

yes it is slighly better, probably nothing to worry about. you wont get it perfect unles you try tying the end to the case somewhere.
Thanks everyone. I'll eventually take some of the suggestions in this thread into consideration, but for now, I want to know, would this cause damage over time to the card?

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatfieco View Post

It almost looks as if your mobo if offset from the cutouts. Have you tried loosening the standoff screwc and actually tried moving the mobo up? From the looks the card has a slight sag but its angle compared to the 212 is way off. Could just be the picture but those two things should be square to one another.
The 212 itself is slightly bent. I only realized this recently.

·
Registered
228 Posts

No man. From your photo...you are missing mobo mounting screws altogether. I cant beleive your even able to boot this PC much less play games on it. Sorry if my eyes are failing me...but you are missing three screws on the right hand side of the mobo, closest to your HDDs. Please tell me you have standoffs and screws for those three holes.

·
Registered
892 Posts
Its an EATX board in a case that only supports atx. Shouldnt be a problem. However the 212 looks square to the heatsinks surrounding it, well very close. I think the cutouts in the back of the case are offset and causing un necessary stress on your gpu. Ive had that problem before and had to mess with things to get it where it was acceptable.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I wouldn't worry about it to be honest. My 7950 with the huge Accelero Xtreme cooler is worse and its been fine
biggrin.gif

My 7970 was about the same too, still no problems after ages.

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAntiMartyr View Post

I have a similar issue with my GTX 670, but its not as bad. What you could do is zip-tie the cables to the 24 pin mobo cable. That should give that saggy lady a little support.
You're a genius. I just did this. Results:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAntiMartyr View Post

No man. From your photo...you are missing mobo mounting screws altogether. I cant beleive your even able to boot this PC much less play games on it. Sorry if my eyes are failing me...but you are missing three screws on the right hand side of the mobo, closest to your HDDs. Please tell me you have standoffs and screws for those three holes.
Yeah those three screws are missing. It's not the first and only build I have like this, and I had these things for over a year. I even made a thread about this. it was okay.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts