Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,121 Posts
Maybe ... i would go for occt it`s got error check. If you watched the fur for 1/2hr. and had no artifacts and stuff the it seems stable. Do some games (not minesweeper
biggrin.gif
) to doublecheck.
Edit: Did all stability testing with no errrors bbut this card crashed in 3Dmark.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Temps look good. Even though you passed a 30min run with Kombustor, I wouldn't consider it stable though till I ran it through some real games. Most of the programs like Kombustor and Furmark only stress the core without doing much as far as testing memory.
I would make a few runs through games at max settings to fully work the card. I would only use Kombustor to determine what my max temps would be.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I agree, when I was overclocking my GPU in the past I got a very nice and(what seemes at the time to be a) super stable overclock using furmark, OCCT, EVGA OC scanner, and kombustor to test. Also did heaven benchmark and 3dmark11.

However, as soon as the action got a little intense in a FPS. BOOM! Blue Screen!

Once you check your temps and for errors on the synthetic tests, do some decent gaming with something you know will stress the GPU. If it doesnt crash while gaming AND passes your synthetic tests with no errors you are safe to say your OC is stable.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Set Kombustor to Max AA and whatever screen res you game in. 1920x1080.

How long you game for usually? Im usually on 1-3 hrs. I usually do my finally stability run for 1 1/2 hours +/-. to be safe. In my experiences if a card is not stable Kombustor will cause a Driver reset or artifacting within 30-40min.

I havent tried the Xtreme burn-in yet.

185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106;13139561
Can you make it thru a session of Crysis?
dunno. I don't play that game. It sucks. I did play some l4d2 and seems fine though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addictedtokaos;13139667
Set Kombustor to Max AA and whatever screen res you game in. 1920x1080.

How long you game for usually? Im usually on 1-3 hrs. I usually do my finally stability run for 1 1/2 hours +/-. to be safe. In my experiences if a card is not stable Kombustor will cause a Driver reset or artifacting within 30-40min.

I havent tried the Xtreme burn-in yet.
I would just run a game instead of using kombuster for that long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts