Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My spec is on my sig. On HWMonitor, the -12V voltage is at -6.27 while the +12V voltage is at 12.86v. On my other PC, the -12V is always at ~ -12v. Is there something wrong with my mobo or psu?

·
Registered
209 Posts
are you experiencing trouble ? or did you just notice it and said Hmmmm

Alot of 3rd party sofware monitors get a wierd pll every now and then......the thing I dont like is cpuz's hw monitor is telling you that.

scour the internet for other monitoring programs and see if its real or conflicting

I would tell you what mine says if you guys would walk me through a win 7 install on my post but I think the asus crosshair IV is bad anyway I need install hanging help

good luck

·
Super Moderator
19,301 Posts
The -12v rail doesn't actually exist, in fact if it did it would be in violation of the design spec, so that's just a filler reading. Don't pay it any mind.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Yea, software voltage indicators are extremely innacurate...they can read essentially anything...so basically dont base anything off of them because theyll make your life very difficult...If u want to check your 12V or 5V rail use a molex and a digital multimeter....yellow is 12V+, black is ground and Red is 5V+

These are my beautiful software rendered voltages....

·
Bundling Bundler
1,881 Posts
HWmonitor reports my -12v anywhere from -9 to ~-11. As the others have said, any of the readings within software voltage monitoring can be innacurate depending on the software used and the hardware it is monitoring.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts