Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Click
USB Microsoft PID56180 X802382-018 X802382-002 Wheel Mouse Optical. What i'm asking is if it's the 9000fps 1.1a version or not, based on the S/N.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
Yes, that WMO is legit.

they're all the same fps... the 6000vs 9000 is an unsubstantiated rumor..

It's easy to check, just take it apart, if it's fake, we can tell you instantly
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
That said, I wouldn't BUY a WMO these days though.. the switches are not so great.. So if you go in and mod it, the price upticks significantly..

To the point where, well.. you might as well get a g303.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post

Yes, that WMO is legit.

they're all the same fps... the 6000vs 9000 is an unsubstantiated rumor..

It's easy to check, just take it apart, if it's fake, we can tell you instantly
It'd require to order it and wait a month first. Would prefer to be sure .
Anyways, I read somewhere that there is a WMO 1.0 variant that apparently is very jittery. I'm hoping this one isn't .
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post

That said, I wouldn't BUY a WMO these days though.. the switches are not so great.. So if you go in and mod it, the price upticks significantly..

To the point where, well.. you might as well get a g303.
Have a G303,EC2-A, DA... Want to try it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels1997 View Post

It'd require to order it and wait a month first. Would prefer to be sure .
Anyways, I read somewhere that there is a WMO 1.0 variant that apparently is very jittery. I'm hoping this one isn't .
Have a G303,EC2-A, DA... Want to try it.
Do you haz a G100S ??

IMHO the G100S is superior to the WMO, AND it's lighter.. Also it has 1 extra button, and more easily moddable with D2F-01F
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Yah, I believe that's the seller I bought one from last year. Black WMO.

I wound up taking mine apart. The internals are clearly used, some oxidation on the metal parts etc. But it was a real MLT04. The shell is probably a clone, and it is prone to accidental clicks upon too forceful of impact (possibly a product of knockoff shell). Which may or may not happen to most WMO's at this point.

But yah, for dirt cheap you're basically getting a used MLT04 with a "new" shell. I've tested it with the latest Sweetlow drivers, clocks all the way up to 8000 hz so it's definitely real.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesn View Post

Yah, I believe that's the seller I bought one from last year. Black WMO.

I wound up taking mine apart. The internals are clearly used, some oxidation on the metal parts etc. But it was a real MLT04. The shell is probably a clone, and it is prone to accidental clicks upon too forceful of impact (possibly a product of knockoff shell). Which may or may not happen to most WMO's at this point.

But yah, for dirt cheap you're basically getting a used MLT04 with a "new" shell. I've tested it with the latest Sweetlow drivers, clocks all the way up to 8000 hz so it's definitely real.
ALL WMOs do that.. hahahaha. it's not a clone...
rolleyes.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post

ALL WMOs do that.. hahahaha. it's not a clone...
rolleyes.gif
Think mouse3 is more common than both mouse1/2 getting accidental clicks, which is what I get. I started a thread about this a while back.

But either way, it's obviously used/recycled internals in a "new" shell. May affect the shelf life, so was worth pointing out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesn View Post

Think mouse3 is more common than both mouse1/2 getting accidental clicks, which is what I get. I started a thread about this a while back.

But either way, it's obviously used/recycled internals in a "new" shell. May affect the shelf life, so was worth pointing out.
Really ?

Could you please post some pictures of the device ?

What makes you say it's a NEW shell, with Used Internals..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post

Really ?

Could you please post some pictures of the device ?

What makes you say it's a NEW shell, with Used Internals..
Well at this point it has been used on and off for a year, so everything is used. But I got it originally for ~$8, so when I first got it, I opened it up. Don't have the article offhand but apparently a major source of old WMO/IE 3.0 parts you get from asian manufacturers is actually recycled/garbage electronics they stick inside of new (cloned) shells. It was extremely obvious looking at the internals - metal was obviously somewhat corroded, switches had wear, everything discolored etc. Looked multiple years old.

The shell itself looked brand new, Microsoft logo intact and no visible wear anywhere on the exterior. I'm not going to open the mouse up again as I have nice feet on it at this point, and the exterior would basically just look decent-ish after a year of use.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,291 Posts
What is the best place to get a new/refurbished/whatever WMO. I kind of want to get one just to try it. I had an IMO 1.1, but I hated the shape and something must have been wrong with it because the sensor was garbage and it malfunctioned horribly all the time. I'm pretty sure it was legit since I got it from a friend in the early 2000s, but I never really used it until like 2013 and even after trying to clean the lens it just sucked. That was my only experience with an mlt04 mouse though and I want to see what the hype around it is all about because if others were like that no one would even mention them after there were other sensors.
 

·
lololol
Joined
·
4,371 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
Quote:
BTW, there is no way to guarantee these are genuine..

The Chinese knockoff guys counterfeit in entirety, down to the box..

However, getting a USED one for $8 is almost certainly going to be genuine..
biggrin.gif


Also, I really can't emphasize enough, you just WOULDN"T spend the money for one TODAY..

Let's be realistic..

$10 for mouse
D2F-01F, $1.5 per switch + $5 shipping, $9.50 (minimum)

This is assuming you HAVE the soldering equipment..

UNLESS you find one of mice by luck , it really makes little sense to get one.. the stock switches are very soggy..
rolleyes.gif
, don't feel nice at all, especially if they've had some wear.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
Make no Mistake, I am one amongst the biggest fans of this mouse.. shown here in my Geekhack thread about it..

https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=80628.0

But, unless you're in a Very specific circumstance with this mouse, OF which I will term : Fated for MLT04 , It is not an economically sound investment.

-I already own two of the mice, just in my basement
-I have a desoldering pump (very important for mice work)
-I have Soldering equipment
-I have a mini-metal file.

The things necessary to assemble a top performing WMO exceeds the cost of a NEW better mouse..

NOT even including the labor involved..
rolleyes.gif
 

·
- Insanity Beckons -
Joined
·
4,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post

But, unless you're in a Very specific circumstance with this mouse, OF which I will term : Fated for MLT04 , It is not an economically sound investment.
This is the OCN Mouse section, cost is no object here whatsoever. If you love it then you shall own it soon enough
wubsmiley.gif
.
 

·
lololol
Joined
·
4,371 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post

BTW, there is no way to guarantee these are genuine..

The Chinese knockoff guys counterfeit in entirety, down to the box..
are the counterfeit's boxes banged up and scratched up everywhere? because that's what mine came in
tongue.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrick View Post

This is the OCN Mouse section, cost is no object here whatsoever. If you love it then you shall own it soon enough
wubsmiley.gif
.
I won't stop you, but I will give you the TRUTH first....
biggrin.gif


Oh, also Hyperglide mouse feet, another $10.. ffffffffffffffffffffff............
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by qsxcv View Post

are the counterfeit's boxes banged up and scratched up everywhere? because that's what mine came in
tongue.gif
That's how they obfuscate the fact that the box may be counterfeit.. hahahahah.. nawh, I can't say for sure if yours is a counterfeit without looking up close..

BUT I DO KNOW FOR SURE that they make fake WMOs.. I saw many in Chinese pc shops while I was over there for 6 months.
 

·
- Insanity Beckons -
Joined
·
4,585 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tp4tissue View Post

Oh, also Hyperglide mouse feet, another $10.. ffffffffffffffffffffff............
Once you go HyperGlide, you will not want to use anything else in your life time
coolsmiley02.gif
.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top