Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
404 ERROR
925 Posts
I don't have any experience with it personally, but most people recommend against thermaltake's watercooling product line. Just a heads up.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Again, no personal experience but everything I've ever heard is bad.

I've heard terrible stories about the quality of the product, the effectiveness of the product... You name it.

If you want water cooling, it's not going to be worth it unless you spend over $200 on a custom kit. Any less than that and you're not going to do much better than air and just pay 4x as much, plus you'll have to deal with regular maintenance and protect yourself from leaks etc. Water is a lot more work than air to run.

I cannot stress this enough. Unless you are willing to pay for it, water cooling will not go well for you. Cheaping out on it will only lead to trouble, and you'd be better off on air or perhaps an H50.

If you're really insistent on getting a kit, look into Swiftech's kits. Theirs are generally pretty good. Not comparable to a top of the line custom water cooling setup, but they'll give you a really good starting point in water cooling without being overly expensive.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
If it does not leak right away, it will leak in 6 months from somewhere. Do not buy it.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
if i am not mistaken-Moorhen2 (here on OCN) is using the same setup with his 965.
give him a shout, he is a good guy-tell him dimwit sent you, he will treat you right.

-dimwit-

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisB17 View Post
I'd choose the H50 over that thing any day.
This. The TT BigWater is very pricey for the cooling it provides. Any good air cooler (Mega, VX, TRUE, NH D-14) will get just as good if not better performance, and they all cost about half as much.

On a side note: Your sig says you have a Swiffy kit already. That Swiftech kit will run circles around the TT BigWater any day of the week, including saturday.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
if u don't have a lot to spend on a cooler why would u buy that? its $165...

why wouldn't u go w/ something cheap like air cooling? if 165 is ur budget go buy yourself some high end h20.

·
Registered
3,741 Posts
The only thing TT watercooling is good for is leaking and putting out the fire after your chip burns due to its mediocre cooling abilities. .

·
Premium Member
4,914 Posts
like other have said, it sucks major nuts.

also, it is posible to put together an ok CPU loop for around $160

I did it and I got a BIX 240 rad, used from OCN and found some budget parts that still performed well for the cost. I had to use pipe barbs frmo osh though because they were cheaper than bitspower ones....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now its just time to buy a nice video card 300 bucks lol or less if i can get a decent one on here maybe =)!

·
Banned
435 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TCOC View Post
If it does not leak right away, it will leak in 6 months from somewhere. Do not buy it.
It's not so much the chance of leaking(which is increased due to the cheap parts they use) it is the multi metals they use in the product. The radiator is aluminum and the mutli metals will enhance corrosion in the system. Their waterblocks are very sub par and as a whole they get one of the lowest ratings in watercooling. Granted the product is in expensive and they grab a lot of customers who are looking for the cheapest alternative...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShortySmalls View Post
if you buy that POS you will get your ocn avatar changed to a giant noob sign, and everyone will lol at you. It proforms worse then most decent ait coolers, for 2x the price

The performance is not that bad. and performs better than any air cooling. That unit got me 3.327GHz stable on my Phenom I 9850 (stable) which is kinda in the upper echelon on that chip. I was a noob at the time but the results were good. I did not have any leaking for over 2 years of usage. I am not a Thermaltake fanboi as you see above, but the facts are the facts. It is a cheap unit and in most everything, cheap means problems over the long haul.

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
To me, Nope

1 - 20 of 25 Posts