Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before someone gives me a generic response, please read the following:

I currently have an LSI MegaRAID 9240-4i hooked up to a 2 TB and a Crucial C300. I have not enabled RAID in the controller either. However since its running through a RAID controller will my C300 have TRIM? Or do I automatically lose TRIM since its not directly plugged into my motherboard?

Also the result of fsutil.exe behavior query DisableDeleteNotify is 0, but I want to make sure.

Would appreciate a quick response!

· Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

· Registered
146 Posts
"At a command prompt (start/run/cmd), type the following: fsutil.exe behavior query DisableDeleteNotify

It should respond back with DisableDeleteNotify=0 if trim support is ready and active. If it is not, type fsutil.exe behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0

This will set Windows 7 to use TRIM when the drive and drivers are ready to do so."

source: http://www.overclock.net/8903031-post2.html

· Registered
3,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkrist;13040596
"At a command prompt (start/run/cmd), type the following: fsutil.exe behavior query DisableDeleteNotify

It should respond back with DisableDeleteNotify=0 if trim support is ready and active. If it is not, type fsutil.exe behavior set DisableDeleteNotify 0

This will set Windows 7 to use TRIM when the drive and drivers are ready to do so."

source: http://www.overclock.net/8903031-post2.html
Thanks, but as stated in the original post the output of that is 0, I just want to make sure thats correct since its going through a RAID card.

· Registered
799 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hokeyplyr48
View Post

TRIM very rarely works through TRIM, since the OS is not seeing the drive, but the "drive" that the RAID array creates.

That is what I don't get, it appears that he has only 2 drives, 1 SSD and 1 HDD, why connect them to the RAID card at all ...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.