Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quite a few things as far as features?

Does anyone have a list of things that were Not Implimented in the RC version of Windows 7.

Reason being, I'm having issues running Dual "Extended" Displays through Windows 7 Ult. RC (7100). Well I can I do that part fine. BUT, When I have Both my ACER H233H HD Monitor (Via D-Sub) and my Sammy 52" LCD (Via HDMI) connected at th same time, I noticed stuttering of the Bubbles Screen Saver and Stuttering with My Blu-Ray Playback to the Sammy HDTV LCD!?

Could this be an OS issue? Or an Issue with the AMD 785G Chipset on the my Board? All of the drivers are up to date and it's a freash install of the W7 Ult. RC.

Any Suggestions or thoughts?

·
Registered
350 Posts
I'm not sure on this, but it could have something to do with the fact that the RC was only good through March 1st. I don't know if that would have anything to do with it or not, but its a possibility. Just my two cents worth.

·
Premium Member
7,703 Posts
I thought RC would start shutting down every two hours by now. Maybe they gave a longer grace period on that.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by losttsol
View Post

I thought RC would start shutting down every two hours by now. Maybe they gave a longer grace period on that.

Yeah Right! LOL

All that you have to do is Set you Calender back to Feb 1st and it works. It doesn't have top be that exact date, just something before Feb 15th so you don't have to deal with the Pop up warnings. You can even Sync your HOME GRPOUP PC's by syncing each PC's date and time with the "Sync with internet Time" option Set your Passwords and share your folders and reboot All Home Group PC's and then change the date back to something before 2/15/10, making sure sure you use the same date for all Home group PC's and you're good to go!

So do you guys think that it actually the W7 RC that's causing the issues because lack of build strength or something? I plan on getting the retail in about a month a but I want to make sure that this Build is good and I've decided on a Motherboard BEFORE installing the retail!

It's bizzare because if I only Connect one of the Above stated Displays by itself, it plays flawlessly!!! NO stuttering at all!

·
Banned
3,369 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mastiffman
View Post

Yeah Right! LOL

All that you have to do is Set you Calender back to Feb 1st and it works. It doesn't have top be that exact date, just something before Feb 15th so you don't have to deal with the Pop up warnings. You can even Sync your HOME GRPOUP PC's by syncing each PC's date and time with the "Sync with internet Time" option Set your Passwords and share your folders and reboot All Home Group PC's and then change the date back to something before 2/15/10, making sure sure you use the same date for all Home group PC's and you're good to go!

So do you guys think that it actually the W7 RC that's causing the issues because lack of build strength or something? I plan on getting the retail in about a month a but I want to make sure that this Build is good and I've decided on a Motherboard BEFORE installing the retail!

Oh, that's so simple! My method is simpler though.

First, you hit F8 while booting up to get to the boot selection screen. Then load "Safe Mode With Command Prompt" and get to the command prompt. Then, find a virgin (although you would most likely work - I would advise against using yourself for this, as you need to be alive to continue the process) and sacrifice it to The Ballmer while chanting "developers developers developers developers" over and over until his face appears in the command prompt in an ASCII format.

Then, you need to quickly (while his face is still present - you only have about thirty seconds) mold candle wax into the structure of his choosing - it may be something like the Windows Logo, or a Steve Jobs crucifix, but it could also be a big $ sign - you never really know, so don't try to guess ahead of time.

Then you light the candle while chanting "developers developers developers developers" again, and press and hold CTRL+ALT+DEL+6+6+6 (there are two 6's on the keyboard that most people know of - above the keys, and on the keypad - you need to find the third) until the computer restarts.

Then you will have full use of the computer until the candle burns down.

Repeat when necessary.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tainok
View Post

First, you hit F8 while booting up to get to the boot selection screen. Then load "Safe Mode With Command Prompt" and get to the command prompt. Then, find a virgin (although you would most likely work - I would advise against using yourself for this, as you need to be alive to continue the process) and sacrifice it to The Ballmer while chanting "developers developers developers developers" over and over until his face appears in the command prompt in an ASCII format.

Then, you need to quickly (while his face is still present - you only have about thirty seconds) mold candle wax into the structure of his choosing - it may be something like the Windows Logo, or a Steve Jobs crucifix, but it could also be a big $ sign - you never really know, so don't try to guess ahead of time.

Then you light the candle while chanting "developers developers developers developers" again, and press and hold CTRL+ALT+DEL+6+6+6 (there are two 6's on the keyboard that most people know of - above the keys, and on the keypad - you need to find the third) until the computer restarts.

Repeat when necessary.

That sounds like a troll remark, if I have ever heard one! Funny though! Mineworks Brotha! LOL

It will get me by until I decide which motherboard to go with! THEN I'll gt the Retail!

P.S. I can't believe that you actually wasted the time to write that Crap!

·
Premium Member
10,476 Posts
it sounds like your having GPU issues, maybe pushing 2 HD monitors is too much for the 785g since 1 monitor works fine but 2 causes problems.
As far as I know, the RC was pretty close to the RTM.

·
Premium Member
11,125 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tainok
View Post

Repeat when necessary.

Toasting in epic bread.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

it sounds like your having GPU issues, maybe pushing 2 HD monitors is too much for the 785g since 1 monitor works fine but 2 causes problems.
As far as I know, the RC was pretty close to the RTM.

I beginning to think so myself. But even if I put my 5770 in it still does it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokinWaffle
View Post

Toasting in epic bread.

If you can't contribute to the thread, please go troll somewhere else...

·
Premium Member
10,476 Posts
Hmm, maybe it has to do with the drivers being made for RTM and a few small difference between the RC and RTM are causing problems?

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by blupupher View Post
Hmm, maybe it has to do with the drivers being made for RTM and a few small difference between the RC and RTM are causing problems?
Well, Either way I tested today and I actually do have stuttering with each individual monitor. I thought that I didn't but it was being masked by the typical 60hz motion blur....

Turns out though that it's NOT the OS. I slapped the BD-Rom in my Sig Rig and it played BEAUTIFULLY!!!!

So it's got to be the chipset entirely and those that think they have a smooth playing 785G chipset motherboard don't notice it because of the 60Hz Motion blur... THAT's the only thing that I can come up with! So far!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts