Votes: 13 28.3%
  • JUMP on it!

Votes: 26 56.5%

*** is wrong with this guy??

1681 Views 26 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  Sickened1
Quote:

Configuration :
AMD Athlon X2 240 2.8 GHz
Asus M3A76CM mobo, ATI chipset 780G, audio, LAN, video integrated, 6 SATA ports, video card has both VGA and DVI ports
2GB 2x1GB RAM PC6400 configured in dual channel for maximum performance
320 GB HDD Seagate 7200.11, 16MB cache, 7200 RPM, fastest from the 7200.11 family, single platter
Samsung DVD burner, black
Antec 380W Power Supply, 80+, with lots of connectivity, still has 2 SATA connectors free, plus it has the 6 PIN connector for powering a video card.
The case is white and the burner is black, computer has only new parts, was intended as a gift, and is no longer the case.
Price is 200$

If he is not lying and this is a brand new PC with brand new parts, then with a quick scan of shopbot.ca, this setup is worth much more than he is selling for....

Is this too good to be true?
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
That seems about right if he's looking for a fast sale.
scoop that sucker as quick as you can and flip it
just send him an email asking him if all items STILL work and will STILL work when you pick them up.
Id get it for resale.
Quote:

Originally Posted by phospholipid
View Post

just send him an email asking him if all items STILL work and will STILL work when you pick them up.

LOL, good point. E-mail sent, awaiting response.
See less See more
I would pick it for HTPC.

I actually got a similar deal for my HTPC... dude was selling all this for $230

Quote:

Lian Li PC-V880
Arctic Cooling CPU heatsink
Silverstone Power Supply
3GB of DDR2 4200 Memory
AMD X2 4800+
300GB 7200 RPM HDD
Asus M2NPV- VM motherboard
8 in 1 card reader
Plextor DVDRW
EVGA Dual Tuner TV card
Montego DDL sound card
Microsoft Wireless Enterntainment 7000 Keyboard/Mouse
Standard Media Center remote and Infrared Receiver
Legit copy of Windows Media Center XP edition

Everything worked perfectly and the OS was 100% legit. So your deal is a good price.
See less See more
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
Quote:

Originally Posted by sexybastard
View Post

I would pick it for HTPC.

I actually got a similar deal for my HTPC... dude was selling all this for $230

Everything worked perfectly and the OS was 100% legit. So your deal is a good price.

So just get it for a HTPC, Home theater PC?
See less See more
Go for it.

Get an <50$ GPU, and either use it as a downloading/secondary/brother PC, or find a more creative use for it like a server/HTPC.
  • Rep+
Sounds legit. Sometimes people just need money to pay a bill or something.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Adrienspawn
View Post

Go for it.

Get an <50$ GPU, and either use it as a downloading/secondary/brother PC, or find a more creative use for it like a server/HTPC.

I'll try and get him to buy it for himself. I don't need this whatsoever, but he may want it.

Do you guys honestly think its worth getting for the resale? If somebody really wants some of these parts, I can help out, but I don't think I will be making $$$ buying -> selling....
See less See more
Os?
Buy it now. NOW
Is it on ebay. If so, get it. You can just return it...
Good deal. It's not extraordinarily under-priced at all IMHO. I think new that could be had for ~$250-300. BTW 780G's IGP isn't crap at all. It'll do most everything except for gaming, and even then it does decently @ lower res w/ low-ish settings.
Quote:

Originally Posted by DesertRat View Post
Good deal. It's not extraordinarily under-priced at all IMHO. I think new that could be had for ~$250-300. BTW 780G's IGP isn't crap at all. It'll do most everything except for gaming, and even then it does decently @ lower res w/ low-ish settings.
Really, new for only that much? Starting to doubt whether this actually worth the trouble.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun View Post
Os?
Replied that he has XP on it.

Just a quick question, do you guys think that it could be used as a folding comp? If not, would light mods enable it to become one?
See less See more
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seakros View Post
Really, new for only that much? Starting to doubt whether this actually worth the trouble.

Replied that he has XP on it.

Just a quick question, do you guys think that it could be used as a folding comp? If not, would light mods enable it to become one?
If it comes w/ a legit OS it's a pretty damned good deal. Was talking $USD BTW, not Canadian. It's a really good deal.

Well any rig can be folded on. But buy it a 9800GX2(and a decent PSU) and voila, a decent folding machine. Even an 8800GS/96SP 9600GSO would be a good folding card. If it has some pci-e x1 slots, you can cut the backs out of them and put card in there for folding too.
See less See more
  • Rep+
It isn't a bad price as most has said when folks need money they will knock a little off so they know it will sale.

No different then them selling the Win 7 Ultimate 32/64 keys on there for 20 bucks a pop. They know people will snap them up.
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.