Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey OCN,

I've got a Xigmatek SD1283 on my current LGA 775 build, but I just bought a new LGA 1150 system and I'm getting ready to put everything together. I was curious if my old cooler is compatible or if they offer a new mounting bracket to make it compatible.

·
Premium Member
27,140 Posts
It should all be explained in your cooler installation manual.

If your mount is like this one it will fit.

The 3-hole slots in corners of back plate are the key. The holes in slots closest to center are for LGA775 mounting, middle are for LGA1150/1151/1155 mounting, and outer are for LGA1366/2010

·
Registered
1 Posts
no it will not fit perfectly, I had to to lots of work to get my xigmatek Aegir in place which I had on my 775 and moved to my 4970k with 1150 socket
it is not there 100%, but my maxitower if laying down, so cooler is standing on the cpu instead of hanging, there is a slight gap which you can press with thumb to get it correct, but it will not fit perfect, which is a shame as I have to get an inferior cooler if I want to get a 1150 socket, but as long as I make sure it sits on the cpu plate it works great and when it is a little bit off the computer wanr me when temp is too high so I just touch with thumb and press it it place again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts