Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
After a quick read I can honestly say that this is one of the most humerous things I have read on the web. You really should read it just for a giggle!

Quote:

Quake is an online virtual reality used by hackers. It is a popular meeting place and training ground, where they discuss hacking and train in the use of various firearms.

Really? And there's me thinking it was a game. I feel so stupid.

Quote:

BSD, Lunix, Debian and Mandrake are all versions of an illegal hacker operation system, invented by a Soviet computer hacker named Linyos Torovoltos, before the Russians lost the Cold War. It is based on a program called "xenix", which was written by Microsoft for the US government.

So Microsoft invented Linux? That's the knowledge I was missing!

Quote:

Popular hacker software includes "Comet Cursor", "Bonzi Buddy" and "Flash".

Ahhh, quick, get Flash off my computer!!! (The next one is the best)

Quote:

If your son has requested a new "processor" from a company called "AMD", this is genuine cause for alarm. AMD is a third-world based company who make inferior, "knock-off" copies of American processor chips. They use child labor extensively in their third world sweatshops, and they deliberately disable the security features that American processor makers, such as Intel, use to prevent hacking. AMD chips are never sold in stores, and you will most likely be told that you have to order them from internet sites. Do not buy this chip! This is one request that you must refuse your son, if you are to have any hope of raising him well.

I won't bother writing a quirky comment, that passage is brilliant!!

*****!!! Go on people, read it!!!

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
thats halarious, but i hope its a joke. if its not, the person who wrote that has made everyone that has read that dumber. why the hell in your right mind would u buy parts from your computer "manufactuar".....
not to mention just being 30minutes on a computer....i think id shoot myself..i NEED at least 4 hours a day lol. man i hope this isnt a serious article

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you gotta love how his original source of suspicion was his like 4-year old or something daughter.

and I love the thing about the Russian hacker 'Linius Torovoltes' who made 'Lunix'

but this guy seems bona fide because he's written some pretty serious sounding articles like about Islam and one about cars (also a bit funny) but serious sounding.

and of course check how many comments he received...

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by --Filip--

you gotta love how his original source of suspicion was his like 4-year old or something daughter.

and I love the thing about the Russian hacker 'Linius Torovoltes' who made 'Lunix'

That idiot made so many mistakes in his research, we should contact the host of that site and let them know the facts so that they can delete the BS.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mfill, the site is an archive. probably they could never be taken seriously again or were getting flamed+hacked after that article

it's only purpose now is to help geeks like us laugh our asses off time and time again

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by --Filip--

mfill, the site is an archive. probably they could never be taken seriously again or were getting flamed+hacked after that article

Good point, and good job on the humerous find.

·
Registered
148 Posts
*****!!
the poll 58% are afraid of hackers cuz they smell bad.....
the comments are the best

·
Registered
2,248 Posts
Quote:

Excessive time spent on the computer, communicating with his fellow hackers may cause temporary damage to the eyes and brain, from the electromagnetic radiation. This will cause his marks to slip dramatically, particularly in difficult subjects such as Math, and Chemistry. In extreme cases, over-exposure to computer radiation can cause schizophrenia, meningitis and other psychological diseases.

That's my favorite. Looks like I'm screwed tho, so much for my 87% average.

I'd hate for that person to be my father, I'd emancipate myself in a second.

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Couldn't AMD sue that guy for somthing?

He needs a spanking

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
gotta love how 'Linux permanently damages the surface of your hard drive and you'll have to send it back to the manufacturer and get a replacement'

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
It funny I looked further into that site, he has multiple post of crap information, and hundreds of reply posts calling him an idiot, so I guess we don't need to continue. I think we should seek out his email address and email him the correct information though.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
When I saw the title of the thread I wondered if the first post would contain a link to the hacking article at adequacy.org that I saw many years ago.

hootyhoo

It's a joke, anyway. At least I hope it is.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts