Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So over the last couple of days, my EVGA GTX 1080 FTW has been going from 99% usage in games to 40% causing frame drops and I have no idea what's causing the issue and I'm not exaggerating that it's happening every 5 minutes. Looking at the monitor in MSI Afterburner shows that its stays at 99% usage and then drop to 40% and then back up to 99% every 5 minutes. I've uninstalled the drivers using DDU and then reinstalled the latest drivers multiple time. I've reinstalled all my other drivers so at this point, I'm wondering if its an issue with the graphics card or the power supply

·
Registered
76 Posts
I need entire system, and overclocking specs. And games you’re playing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Intel 4690K overclocked to 4.5Ghz
G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-2133C11D-16GXL
MSI Gaming 3 Z97
EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
EVGA G2 750w
Windows 10

Games: Final Fantasy XIV
DOOM
Dead Space
Shadow of Mordor
ETC

·
Registered
76 Posts
This happens with doom and Vulcan enabled? If so then there is a problem

·
Registered
76 Posts
What’s ur cpu temps like? It could be throttling

·
Registered
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
temps on the cpu are around 45c and gpu is around 63c

·
Registered
76 Posts
Did u manage to solve it? I really want to say it’s windows 10 but I’m still looking into it. I’ve had performance issues in the past and installing a fresh copy of windows fixed it. As of recent I am also having issues, my 1080ti crashes randomly throughout the day when only the voltage and power limit is pushed and with that alone it reaches 2000mhz and I don’t think that feq is stable anymore. Try a clean install of windows but first try reverting to the driver in November of 2017 because I’ve noticed with the latest driver I get a flickering black bar on the top of my screen in rise of the tomb raider that went away with the November driver. Yes I used ddu and reinstalled the latest driver which did not fix it. Let me know how it goes!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Having the exact same issue right now, I got a FTW3 Hybird. The only solution I found is downclocking the card by -10 to -50 Mhz then it becomes stable again.

Tried every solution I found online so far.

Temps are well within spec, cpu never reachs 50c and gpu highly hits 60c under heaven benchmark.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Your ****ting me? I was just going to post the same. Have a msi 1080 gaming x and yesterday when i was going to play bf1 i noticed that something was way of.

Gpu usage was all over the place jumping from 35%-89 %

Jumped out of the game and started aida64 stress test and just checked the gpu box.

Gpu only gets to 13% usage under stress

I Think that i maby broke the card yesterday when i was benchmarking for hwbot challenger. But no voltagemod was used only stock voltage so that seems odd.

Gpu is normally just lightly oc with +130 and +300 when i game.

Speccs
6700k delidd + liquid metal 4.7ghz 1.37v
16g hyperx @3000mhz
Msi 1080 gaming x + liquid metal
Samsung evo ssd 500g
Evga supernova g2 850w

Cooling
Ekwb cpu block
Phantek gpu block
2x ekwb PE360
D5 combo 140 res

Any ideas?

·
Iconoclast
30,430 Posts
Noticeable power supply issues will almost always present as instability or damaged components, not a loss of performance.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You know what’s strange, when the game was under load my graphics card lights were flickering pretty fast as was my room light. Though the room light was less noticeable

·
Registered
3,916 Posts
You know what’s strange, when the game was under load my graphics card lights were flickering pretty fast as was my room light. Though the room light was less noticeable

I wonder if your line voltage could be dipping enough to be problematic? My desk lamp noticeably flickers while gaming but only in one game.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts